Englands dumbest criminal.

Reaction score
Lady leaves her car at her mates before they both go out on the town.

Two guys break into the house and steal the keys to the car parked outside

They drive off in the car.

The next day the car owner sees her car in the very next street with two guys sat inside it.

She takes a photo of the driver as she challenges them

The guys runs off

The photo of the thief is now blazen on the BBC News page

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That reads more like "England's Luckiest Victim" rather than "Dumbest Criminal..." :p

Here in North America if your car gets stolen it's gonna end up in a chop shop and sold for parts within the hour. :eek:

And here in North America the dumbest crooks steal your car with the baby still in the back seat. Can't say much about the smarts of the parents for leaving him there though. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Nephew had his car stolen.

They broke in his house and stole the keys, drove the car a couple of streets away and left it.

This is a pretty normal action here.

It was found before the thieves returned.

Nephew took it home and every night he swapped a couple of the ignition leads over whilst new locks were being obtained.

The thieves who had stolen it previously and still had the keys returned and nicked it again.

It was making such a racket that it woke my Nephew and he saw it being driven very slowly down the road with a jerking motion

He called the Police and on the way to his house they saw my Nephews car being driven erratically towards them.

They turned on their flashing blue lights and the guy got out of the car and ran off.

They never returned to steal the car for a third time.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Biggles >>> What you're describing are a couple of punk joyriders.

That sort of thing rarely happens in Canada these days what with alarm systems, video cameras, steering interlocks, GPS Lojack Systems, and all the other security built into most cars as standard equipment these days.

The last time I read about this sort of thing was a few years ago and here it's professionals who defeat all the security by using a tow truck or a panel van to haul the thing away to a chop shop within minutes, then disassemble the vehicle and sell it off as used parts.

The pros are so sophisticated they will steal a specific model and year to order for customers who already have specified what they are looking for.

The best way to avoid becoming a victim is to avoid owning an expensive, flashy car. :)

Hence, I drive my trusty, rusty, 10 year old van :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Gary. I drive a 2009 Black Ford Escape. It seems like I can't drive 30 feet without seeing another one. Chances are nobody would want it for parts and it's not really a car for the joy riding crowd. Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
It was not joyriders, Nephew had a neighbour who was in organized crime.

They intended to use the old Honda SUV for some criminal related purpose.

They had stolen the car key from his home so the imobilizer was turned off, they targetted just the key nothing else.

Nephew no longer lives in the same area.

Its the normal method here in the UK to steal a car, either that or car jacking. So many cars here have trackers embedded in them, mine included.

Modern cars can be accessed in 5s flat by use of a $25 scanner and another similar device connected to the OBD can have the key code changed.

Not that I actually know how to do this, a Security guy on a car forum I belong to explained in great detail how the criminal fraternity operate and how he has to circumvent their actions with the very large fleet of company cars he advises upon.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
A guy visits his local booze shop everyday. There is a security guard there and notices this guy walks into the store everyday and always leaves without anything. No purchases! Never any purchases.
The security guard was bewildered by the guys actions and his suspicion and curiosity got the better of him so oneday he stopped the guy and said "I notice you come here everyday and you never leave with anything. What's your story?"
The guy answered "I always wait till you leave then I come back again.":D
Ray

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blidz

Latest Threads