Error 2 message on Roland DP90

Reaction score
Hello everyone from Canada
icon_e_smile.gif

I recently purchased a 2014 Roland DP 90 SE Digital piano. I have been loving it!

Today I tried to record an "audio" file onto a USB stick for the first time. The initial recording seemed promising and I was able to listen to some short clips on my computer that sounded fantastic in the headphones.

However, whenever I recorded something longer than 10 seconds, the recording stopped and I got a message on the little screen that says error 2. In the manual this means it's an external error… So I tried two other USB sticks but got the same message.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any thoughts? The next thing I thought I would do is see if I can link the keyboard directly to my MacBook. Maybe it's too much info for a USB memory stick to handle?

Much appreciated!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Brian's advice is sound. It may also be worthwhile to contact Roland directly and see if they have any recommended brands of flash drives for their keys.

But definitely format the drives in the keyboard itself and try first rate drives like Sandisk or Kingston instead of off brands first.

EDIT : You may also have to run a decrapifier program on some of these drives before you format.

Sandisk and other name brand manufacturers often install a hidden partition on their drives with autorun utilities installed. Sandisk offers utilities on their website to remove the crap. Likewise there are third party options out there as well.

Or you can run partitioning software like Gparted to clean up the drives manually.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! I went out and bought a SanDisk USB 3.0 stick and it did the trick. Initial testing resulted in a full minute of recording. Looking forward to recording my new piece on here so I can share it with the world. Thanks again :)

Ask a Question