ESQ-1 Sequencer

Reaction score
My Ensoniq ESQ-1 (the love of my life) is on it's last legs. I absolutely LOVE the sequencer in this thing! This along with an Alesis HR-16 was my first DAW and I haven't found a simpler process since.

My question is, before I take my ESQ-1 in for repair (again), is there any Win10 software which uses the same loop/pattern-based process as the ESQ-1? If so, I'll consider switching but still dread the idea of having to boot up a computer everytime I wanna sketch out a few ideas.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, I own one of these myself and if you want to extend it's life when not in use you can also pick up a decksaver cover for it.

Very cool and very durable. Made of polycarbonate, the same material CD's are made of.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Overall, I like the BSP. However, in a live setting how does it store sequences and data? I don't see a slot for a jump drive or SD card. I'd hate to hafta load data from a computer everytime it crashes or something. Also, does it use a wall wart or batteries? I would hope the mini USB isn't the only power source.

I presume the MIDI In (DIN port) will accept commands from my FCB1010 to, start, stop, pause, etc.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Beatstep Pro has internal flash memory that stores up to 16 songs of up to 16 patterns each. More than enough for the average set.

And yes Micro USB is the only power source but you can plug it into a USB Charger plugged into a wall socket to power it up.

Not sure about configuring standard MIDI controllers to start and stop.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question