Evolution MK-149 Keyboard Software

Reaction score
Hi

I have that an Evolution MK-149 keyboard but when I lent it to a "friend" they lost the software that came with it (and the cables as well!).

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the software to download for free as I already paid for it when I bought the keyboard.

I've got the keyboard working having bought a second hand MidiSport 2x2. Working OK with Anvil Studio but would like the original Evolution software.

Thanks for any help.

Ron

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice happyrat1. Had a look at the m-audio website but no software listed for the keyboard. Have mailed m-audio. A bit of a long shot I suppose but as the application software sold with the keyboard is so old they might just let me have a copy.

And Ron, moved away from London and fuel costs too much to go back and beat up the culprit!

Thanks for the comments and help.

Ron

Reaction score
Managed to find someone with the Evolution software. It's old 16 bit software that can't run on a Windows system running 64 bit software. However, it does run on Windows XP SP2 which is the OS running on the laptop my keyboard is connected to so I am OK now.

I would be happy to send it on if someone wants it. Shouldn't be a problem with licensing as the software seems to be "abandonware" as they guy who sent it to me put it.

I will tell m-Audio about it if they want a copy. I think that is unlikely as it is old 16 bit software.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You might be able to install and run it in Windows 7 if you install it using compatibility mode.

I'm running a 15 year old version of cakewalk written for Win 95 in that mode.

Also, if I were you I wouldn't approach M-Audio offering them a pirate copy of their own software. Yes I realize it's "abandonware" but software is subject to DMCA and they own it til the oceans dry up and the sun burns cold. They surely have an archived version sitting around somewhere but they'll never offer it to the public again because then they'd have to support it and they wouldn't be able to make a dime selling it.

In the corporate world, the bottom line rules.

Reaction score
Can't run it under Windows 7 but no problem as I have a dedicated Windows XP laptop. Still hit and miss running it on that so using Anvil Studio instead for now.

I did send the software on to M-audio as they had been looking for a copy to send me and they couldn't find one - so they should be OK with that. Don't know if they will make it available generally but somehow I doubt it so agree with you on that happyrat1.

Reaction score
Managed to find someone with the Evolution software. It's old 16 bit software that can't run on a Windows system running 64 bit software. However, it does run on Windows XP SP2 which is the OS running on the laptop my keyboard is connected to so I am OK now.

I would be happy to send it on if someone wants it. Shouldn't be a problem with licensing as the software seems to be "abandonware" as they guy who sent it to me put it.

I will tell m-Audio about it if they want a copy. I think that is unlikely as it is old 16 bit software.

Hi Ron,

I don't have the software for the mk149 target maybe you can send it to me , i would be very happy

All the best from Amsterdam

Reaction score
Ron

16-bit Windows software was for Windows 3.1 and will not run on any Windows 64-bit system, not even in Compatibility Mode. Microsoft has been very emphatic about that since the very first 64 bit system. Most Win-95 software is 32-bit, so it will run,in some manner, on 64-bit systems. The same applies to drivers: 16 and 32 bit drivers will not even install on a 64 bit system, so they can not be "run" in Compatibility Mode.

Reaction score

Hi, Ron)
Could you send me the software for Evolution MK-149, it would be very nice)
Thanks.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

sri

Reaction score

I too have a Evolution MK-149 keyboard with out the software. Can you pl. send the software that you got. Also I tried MK-149 with AnvilStudio. When I play the keyboard no sound is coming though the particular key pressed shows in the keyboard pic. Can u tell me what setting has to be made in the software. My email id. (e-mail address removed).

Reaction score
Hi Ron
My daughter has the Evolution MK149 keyboard but no cables and no software (lost with an old PC). I would be very grateful if you can send me the software.
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score

Hi Ron,
I also bought a MK-149 a long time ago, together with the Evolution Audio software, the so called Target-version.
Somewhat later i downloaded a conversion program to convert the Target software to official EvAudio software.
I lost the software during a disk-crash.
I really liked the midi-sequencer, it was relatively simple, but very powerful.
I used it together with a Yamaha DBX50-daughterboard, always with pleasure.
As I said, I lost the software, so I would really apriceatie it, if you could sent me a copy.
Thanks!
Hans*L
Leiden, the Netherlands

Reaction score
RocketRon -- or anyone else -- can you send me a copy of the MK-149 software?

Thank you!

(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
It seems I will finally be able to use my keyboard again!

RocketRon, can you send me that copy too? Or Hans or Tom?

Thank you!
(e-mail address removed)

Vic

Reaction score
hi!!

Can somebody send me a copy too? or the web where i can get it...

Thanks!!!

Reaction score

Hi
RocketRon60, can you send me that copy of MK-149 software too? Or Hans or Tom?
Thank you!
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Hi!

Can somebody send me a copy too? or the web where i can get it...

Thanks!!!

kjell

Reaction score
Hello!

I can't believe I finally found a forum with other people that have actually heard of this keyboard and software, let alone used it :) It was my very first midi-keyboard, which I got for cheap, and along with a good old Soundblaster Live I recorded my very first songs with it. Even used the software to sequence songs once I finally saved up to buy a Roland XP-30... ah, good times.

Incidentally, I still have a whole heap of songs recorded in the .sng-format that the Evolution software used, which I was never smart enough to convert to standard midi before I sold the thing off...
If anyone could help me get my hands on the software so that I might re-live the days of my foolish youth ;) I'd be extremely thankful!

Please, send me a PM if you happen to have it!

Reaction score

Hello Ron, I am in a similar position as you were in except I've foolishly mislaid my software, would you know if there is anywhere I can get hold of a copy please? Regards Joolz

Ask a Question