Expression pedal in a sustain input?

Reaction score
I was about to purchase an expression pedal but first I want to be sure that my Yamaha dgx305 will support it...
It has got a "sustain in", is it possible to use it for the expression pedal? If not, is there any solution other than "buy another keyboard"? :D
Axel.

Reaction score
I use my Moog Expression pedal as a sustain pedal sometimes with my Nord Electro. So yes it works very well, but it will give you sustain, nothing else :D

Reaction score
I use my Moog Expression pedal as a sustain pedal sometimes with my Nord Electro. So yes it works very well, but it will give you sustain, nothing else :D

Thanks for your answer..but ain't no good news for me :( I wanted to use an expression pedal not to control the sustain but other parameters that expression pedals usually work with... So I can't use the expression pedal in the sustain input and make it work as an expression pedal? :(

Reaction score
Hehe yeah I understood that it wouldn't be good news for you. If your keyboard doesn't have an expression pedal input you cannot use an expression pedal for it, unfortunately it's that simple. The pedal itself is just sending some form of Control Voltage, it has no information regarding what it controls. So short version, no you can't use it as an expression pedal for your keyboard.

Reaction score
Ok this is not a tragedy, fortunately :D I need to control CC11 parameter, or even adjust it after recording...I'm producing some rhythm n' blues music and I use Sample Modeling Brasses, they are very good but don't have realism without CC11...
Is there a way, in my Yamaha, to assign CC11 to the pitch bend wheel? If not so, Cubase will allow me to "draw" the expression line, right?

Reaction score
I'm actually far from an expert when it comes to midi-editing in Cubase, frankly I never use it. I don't think it would be possible for you to assign the pitch bend wheel internally to something else than pitch, I don't even know what CC11 controls, that's how much I know about midi haha :D I guess that if you record onto a midi-track in Cubase you should be able to edit whatever you want and then record the audio from that edited midi-track without any issues. Hopefully someone who knows what he's (or she's, but most unlikely) talking about will take it from here soon ^^

Reaction score
Haha :D Ok, next things I have to buy: a damn Midi Controller (with faders, knobs and wheels) and a blessed expression pedal!
Let's see if a MIDI expert can enlight a poor noob like me on how to have control on cc11, may it be while playin' or editing the track in Cubase

Ask a Question