Extension or second stand for second keyboard ?

Reaction score
I bought a Innox KB Fold stand for my Roland FA-08. Suppose I want to add a 61 key keyboard later on to my setup, what would be the best way to do it ?

Are there any extensions available for the stand I bought ? Given the design of the stand, I could always buy a second one later and just place it behind the first one, they would more or less ‘fit together’ but that might be a bit silly to look at.

I’m not in the market for a second keyboard straight away, that would be a bit silly, since I just bought the Roland, but I’m asking the question now because I’ve got a 60-day period from the date of purchase during which I can still send the stand back in case I change my mind.

So, keep the Innox KB Fold and buy a second one later on (or an extension for the first one, if such a thing exists at all), or just send it back and get a double one straight away ? Also, those 'double' stands don't seem to be ideal for large keyboards like the FA-08, so I've got my doubts about those...

Thanks !

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have not seen any Innox stands but looking at the online images it does look a bit lightweight for one keyboard never mind adding another.

Kb stands have been discussed quite a few time here so a search will show you the threads.

I am a fan of Hercules stands, they are very robust, here is an image of my Z stand and keyboards.

image.jpg

Which you choose depends upon the type you want which are X, Z or Column.

My favourite column is a Konig and Meyer which are made in Germany so on your doorstep. The only drawback with them is the cost but if you look at the K&M website this model does have a large range of other accessories available, the arms are highly adjustable and to me the stand visually looks stunning.

A692A8DB-4345-44A3-A2CD-9857C2841A72.jpeg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I agree somewhat with Biggles.

A Z stand is the way to go. Column stands not so much. Column stands are inherently unstable by design and you would be risking $2000 worth of gear falling on the floor if you got one.

For home use a 2 tier Z stand is unbeatable.

I own two Onstage K7365-EJ stands and I'm very happy with them. They are relatively inexpensive and solid as a brick outhouse.

Keyrig-2018-15.jpg

keyrig-11.jpg

These things have a 400 lb capacity and if properly assembled will never drop your precious keyboards ever.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Guess I'd better send my stand back...
Found this :

I just hope my dad hasn't thrown away the original packaging that came with the stand or I'm in trouble, won't be able to send it back, then (my dad likes to rummage around in my garden shed when I'm not around ;) )

Reaction score
Does anyone know this brand and/or particular model ?

Been reading up a bit and it no column, X or Z stand model seems to be 100% wobble free. Only table and A-style models provide the best stability.
This came up as well :

Been reading reviews on the K&M Spider Pro stands as well, but although very good, they're not perfect either (for the price)...

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My Onstage Z stands are solid as Gibraltar. Not a trace of wobble or play in either of them. I'd recheck your sources if I was you. Either that or check how level your floors are. :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I’ve read some really good things about the Onstage stands, but unfortunately, they’re not available in Belgium (shipping from the US costs a fortune). The Hercules stands are available over here, but unfortunately, don’t fare so well in reviews...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The keyboardstander is listed at 55 Kg max capacity. The EL260 doesn't list a maximum weight. Like I said earlier, the Onstage double Z is rated at 400 lbs or about 190 Kg.

The max weight is usually a pretty good measure of stability in a keyboard stand. The bigger a load it can safely handle the more stable it is likely to be.

Since you are shopping from Belgium you are pretty much stuck buying from Thomann.de

If you have the space available you might want to consider buying a music workstation desk set.

or if you're sticking with conventional stands here's what's available to you

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I’ve read some really good things about the Onstage stands, but unfortunately, they’re not available in Belgium (shipping from the US costs a fortune). The Hercules stands are available over here, but unfortunately, don’t fare so well in reviews...
Ignore the reviews.

I have the Hercules KS 410B it is solid well made and unlike cheaper stands the welds on mine are perfect and as a Mechanical Engineer I know a well engineered product when I see one and this is one such product.

I had a single Roland Zee stand which unfortunately did not have an extension bracket available for a second tier so I sold it, it was not as heavy duty or as well made as the Hercules.

I also have a guitar stand, guitar wall brackets, a light music stand, a heavy duty music stand and a mike stand all by Hercules and all exceedingly well made.

I got my Z stand from Andertons who are on the other side of the Channel to you so delivery should not be to bad, delivery from Thomann is also pretty good, I have bought a few small items from them.

I seem to remember Gary having a problem with one of his stands so if he can advise further on that it will give you one make to avoid in your research.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually this Hercules stand is double braced and has a max capacity of 130 Kg or about 270 lbs.

I would suggest looking at one set up on display if you're on the fence about this one.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well, the Hercules KS410B gets good reviews, but the top tier don't seem to guarantee 100% wobble free operation, even when putting a light 61 key board on it. Those expensive K&M Spider stands don't fare too well, either.
I have been looking at the Thomann site extensively, and also at the site I ordered my FA-08 from (bax-shop). Prices are comparable, except for that Hercules stand which is a lot cheaper at Thomann.

Both the spider and the Z-style stands get good reviews but I'm rather inclined to go for a A-frame design, like this :
This one has an inner width of 145 cm, and my FA-08 is 141 cm, so it just fits perfectly. Apparently, there's nothing better as far as stability is concerned...

Reaction score
Think I might have found the best alternative :

Simple and sturdy, with extensions available for a 2nd or even 3rd keyboard, holders for a laptop/ipad, mic, etc. Seems like the perfect compromise, and it's not overly expensive...
Thomann sells it as a set with the 18811 extension for a second keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Although I don't own a table stand, one thing I like about them is that there is nothing to get in the way of your legs or the bench, unlike with an X stand or a Z stand.

Reaction score
I really like those A-frame type stands but they do take up quite a lot of space. For some reason, those Z-stands don't appeal to me, and I was just about to order that Jaspers A-frame stand when I stumbled upon that K&M Omega...

Reaction score
I bought a Innox KB Fold stand for my Roland FA-08. Suppose I want to add a 61 key keyboard later on to my setup, what would be the best way to do it ?

Are there any extensions available for the stand I bought ? Given the design of the stand, I could always buy a second one later and just place it behind the first one, they would more or less ‘fit together’ but that might be a bit silly to look at.

I’m not in the market for a second keyboard straight away, that would be a bit silly, since I just bought the Roland, but I’m asking the question now because I’ve got a 60-day period from the date of purchase during which I can still send the stand back in case I change my mind.

So, keep the Innox KB Fold and buy a second one later on (or an extension for the first one, if such a thing exists at all), or just send it back and get a double one straight away ? Also, those 'double' stands don't seem to be ideal for large keyboards like the FA-08, so I've got my doubts about those...

Thanks !
Hi Kaneda, Im looking to buy one of those Innox Kb120 stands, they seem god value, Im hoping theres enough height on the lower keyboard for a viewable music rest, would you mind giving me the sizes when built please, amazon only show the box sizes, Im hoping theres a bit spare in length to get 2 extra supports for a looper to stand at the side of a keyboard ? Thanks Mark

Reaction score
K&M definitely. I have a 3 tier spider for live, and a 2 tier 18820 for home..... plus some homemade shelving to create a 3rd and 4th tier..... considering a 5th lol.

Attachments

• 20210106_200038.jpg
    20210106_200038.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 460
Reaction score
Hi Kaneda, Im looking to buy one of those Innox Kb120 stands, they seem god value, Im hoping theres enough height on the lower keyboard for a viewable music rest, would you mind giving me the sizes when built please, amazon only show the box sizes, Im hoping theres a bit spare in length to get 2 extra supports for a looper to stand at the side of a keyboard ? Thanks Mark
Hi, I'm afraid that stand and the FA08 that was on it, have been sold a long time ago.
As I recall, that Innox stand was well built, very sturdy, but it was just a one tier stand.

Check out this page, scroll down to see the tech specs, including dimensions :

Ask a Question