Fade out . . .

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Does anyone know any tricks or shortcuts to fade out?
The only way to fade out to my knowledge is to slowly turn down the volume 'til zero. This can be tricky when playing chords and melody at the same time. We don't have 3 hands.

Reaction score
I think the answer is that there is no easy way.

I have just looked at the manual and your keyboard only has the sustain pedal feature.

I looked to see if it had a function to add an expression pedal which it does not.

Yes, it can be achieved but at a cost external kit.

Initial though is add a Yamaha Bluetooth module and via an stereo volume/expression pedal and MIDI changes you should be able to change output volume.

A stereo volume pedal is a Boss FV 500L is some £80 here in the UK and the audio out from your S650 feed via one of these to a pair of Monitor speakers will also give you the control you seek

Reaction score
And there's always your nose. ;-) One thing to consider might be that, "in real life," bands playing songs that faded out on the recording generally either come up with an ending for the song or segue into another song. So ask yourself why you're fading out in the first place, and maybe see if you can take a different approach. But yeah, if you must, it's something you'd want to use a pedal for. If your board doesn't support a pedal, c'est la vie. One other workaround might be to use the sustain pedal and continue to play with just one hand, freeing the other hand for the volume control...

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
bands playing songs that faded out on the recording generally either come up with an ending for the song or segue into another song. So ask yourself why you're fading out in the first place, and maybe see if you can take a different approach
Thanks Scott . . This is exactly what I do. Afterall there are only a few songs which fade out. Normal endings sound okay. Cheers Ray

Reaction score
I don't know what keyboard you're playing, but on many of them including my own Tyros 1 there is a dedicated fade button that does exactly what you want.
Also, on the Tyros you can use one of the preset 'ending' buttons, and by pressing it twice, the ending will slow down a little quicker and slower.
Maybe time for a more up to date instrument?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks biggles for the suggested upgrade. SX700 maybe on my future plans. . . But not yet!
Thanks bouncingogre as well . . Tyros are far too advanced for me.
I just play my humble arranger for personal fun. Nothing serious.

Afterall I was just asking if there were some trick shots which I could have learnt. lol.

Ray

Ask a Question