Feedback requested on melodies - from a friend’s project

Which melody do you prefer?

• Track One

• Track Two

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

A friend of mine and I have been working on a track. We met over on the BandHub site, and he had a melody and lyrics, but needed music composed to go with it. So I came up with a backing. Fast forward a few months, and this guy is having some tracks mixed for an album; one of them is the song I helped him on (actually there are two but this is the one in question). The gentlemen he's working with suggested a heavily modified melody line instead of what my friend originally had. To us it sounds strange, but that's partly because we're used to the old melody. Another engineer friend of his suggested that we go and ask people which one they prefer, without any information on original vs redo, etc.

Please vote for your favorite, based on the melody line only. The backing will be the same regardless (a few tweaks to the current one) Please comment on why you chose the one you did, track one or track two.

Track One: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NoVgVkseX7LxQKRvMUmc8_8YyFE2Lu1_/view?usp=sharing

Track Two: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18zsq9svMC3L1jXJUV6O4HTZ7Zjn0JWCT/view?usp=sharing

Thanks everyone!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
While I don't think either track will win any grammies I found the second track less objectionable than the first.

The Staccato tempo of the first track just pushed all the wrong buttons for me, leaving me feeling uncomfortable and unfulfilled in my rhythmic expectations.

Just my $0.02

Gary ;)

Ask a Question