Feel of different Yamaha keyboards

Reaction score
I have had a Yamaha P200 (I think it is the forerunner of the CP300) for 10+ years and love the acoustic piano feel of the keys. I now need a lighter keyboard without a speaker and spent a long time auditioning other keyboards to get the same feel and eventually bought a CP33. I now realize that I cannot play the CP33 as well as the P200 but this wasn't obvious during the audition process.

The language used to describe keyboard design is very confusing so can someone tell me is there a Yamaha keyboard (or perhaps another make!) for $1500 that is designed the same as and will feel just as "piano like" as my P200. If I have to spend more than $1500 then break it to me and I will think of a way of breaking it to my wife.

Thanks
Tony

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hi Tony - not sure if you had any luck with this - I had the occasion to play on a Kawai KDP recently and it was "too heavy" for me (which means probably ok for piano players like you!)

The Y-man

Ask a Question