Fever Chills

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi All..

It's been months since I've put up something new.

It's been a dark and foreboding year for me and it shows in this latest piece of music.

When I was 9 years old the world's population was 2 Billion. 50 years later we are rapidly approaching 8 Billion. Doubling every 25 years by the time I hit 80 we will be nearing 16 Billion. Meanwhile politicians are farting around with carbon tax and defunding Planned Parenthood. Either humanity makes a conscious effort to fix its own problems or else Mother Nature will fix it for us.
ohmy.png

Without further ado I give you my musical answer to the overpopulation which threatens our world.

Sequenced on Cakewalk Home Studio 9.01 with a Kurzweil PC3K8, Casio XW-P1, Arturia Microbrute, M-Audio Venom and an Alesis SR-18....

https://soundcloud.c...ary-g-s-singles

Enjoy
wink.png

Gary

Reaction score
Ooh that was quite dark! I liked it though :) I've just been reading an article about Yuri Gagarin so the music actually made me think about space travel rather than population issues ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks dear.

It's just my cynical old age catching up with me. Everytime I look at the news I wonder if we're surrounded by morons. Everyone screaming about the environment and greenhouse gases, but nobody mentions the fact that Earth's population doubles every 25 years?

I mean it's like giving your car a wash and a wax when the engine is burning oil at a quart per mile.

Population is exploding around the world, politicians think the only answer is to put a tax on life, and god help us, they keep trying to defund planned parenthood.

Maybe 20 years from now they'll wake up and dose the entire world's water supplies with contraceptives and then charge people for the antidote.

Meanwhile I just wonder if mankind's only purpose is to breed ourselves to extinction :p

Anyway, now ya know where that tune came from.

Thanks again for the compliment. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I know what you mean Gary. I find it odd when people argue strongly against climate change being man-made - who cares what is causing it, the fact is we've got an increasing population with rapidly decreasing natural resources, and life cannot continue in this way :rolleyes:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's something that's always scared me. Our entire capitalist system is centered around never ending growth. Columbus proved the world was finite over 500 years ago.

Talk about an economic slowdown in the growth rate and politicians go ballistic. Talk about a declining birth rate in the west and all of a sudden governments are throwing money at the "problem" trying to bribe people to make more babies.

Population growth in Canada and the US has only been about 70% growth over the past 50 years. Even china has only gone from 800 Million to 1.2 Billion over that time. I'd imagine Europe has been posting similar numbers.

But the rest of the world? Between religion insisting everyone have a dozen kids and infant mortality rates knocked out by modern technology we are rapidly approaching a tipping point where the movie Soylent Green becomes more reality than fiction.

If you haven't seen Soylent Green in a while and want to refresh your memory, the whole thing is available for free on youtube. Personally I own a copy on DVD. The classics never go out of style ;)

Gary ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads