Figuring Things Out On My Own...

Reaction score
Hi, I just came off the road playing guitar with a band and have recently acquired some synth programing and recording software of my own and began messing around with all that that entails.

Ultimately, I'm working towards my own music project and am currently writing songs but I know that in order to have any real progress, I do need a good keyboard rig.

At the moment I have a Casio Privia that I am using with a little MIDI box into my Macbook Pro to run Cakewalk Rapture, but I already know that I'm pretty much improvising with what I have and it's definitely not acceptable for a live or recording set-up.

I was just wondering if ya'll could tell me what you use in your keyboard rigs, or what you have preferred in the past?

I like the software that I'm using but I know I need a good MIDI controller and probably something to run the signal through. The band I just got off the road with used an E-MU controller and a MOTU into a Macbook, but that's pretty much the only keyboard rig that I have any familiarity with.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you!!

-Mhera

Ask a Question