Film music: Korg Krome or Roland Juno GI?

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am from Malaysia.
I wish to conpose film music as it always has been my dream. I am planning to buy a syntheziser and my budget is around RM (Ringgit Malaysia) 4000 to 4500 only as I am still at a very young age, which is 16 yrs old. I wish to start composing music at such a young age because I want to expose myself to this field as early as possible. So far, many have recommended to me the Korg Krome and Roland Juno GI. I am looking for very organic old school and new school synth sounds like in the videos. Also, I want very realistic orchestra instruments sounds.

So which one is the best for me? Korg Krome or Roland Juno GI
Plz reply as soon as you can. Thnks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
For anyone starting out in music my best advice is to work with whatever you can afford and then trade your way up to better gear as both your talent and your budget progresses with time.

Either keyboard is well suited to the type of music you wish to produce. Your best bet is to audition the two in a music store in person and see which one is more intuitive and better sounding for your skillset.

If you can afford it however, and you are just starting out, you might want to save up a bit more money for an 88 key keyboard to learn proper piano styles.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I had a Roland Juno G, it was very easy to layer tracks and edit, create your own songs. The display went bad and was a common problem, don't know about the GI. I now have a Yamaha MOXF6, it has lots and lots of features including real time knobs where you can change the sound on the spot. I'm still getting to know all it has to offer. The learning curve is more steep on this one, but worth getting to know. I'm not a keyboard pro by any means, but like to get my creative ideas down. A 61 key music workstation does it for me. Here is an example of an MOXF6 composition off of YouTube. This guy does a lot of covers with it and does it well.

Ask a Question