finding chords!!

Reaction score
hi everyone ive just joined the forum as ive decided to take up the keyboard - got myself a yamaha e413 and im loving it!

i play a bit of bass so im not totally new to playing music but the reason im getting into this other than to expand my horizons is to learn about full chords to help me understand them a little better and the notes that make them

ive noticed that online while people can access tabs and music for guitars and basses theres not as much keyboard info out there- youtube is the best example, bass stuff is 10 a penny!

i want to be playing chords and im a big jamiroquai fan so i've been doing a bit of their stuff but theres the new album for which theres no chord info and ive not got the ability yet to do these things by ear - if anyone on here does a bit of jamiroquai, im especially keen to get the chords to She's a Fast Persuader that would be fantastic, otherwise, nice to have joined the forum and get involved with a new instrument!

Gary

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

I usually "solve" the chords by listening to the song several times and playing it by ear, but there are tons of piano/guitar chords available on http://www.e-chords.com/ for free...

Couldn't find the song you're searching for though... but, knowing Jamiroquai, it has to be something revolving around maj7-s and minors with added 9ths and stuff like that.

If you know your bass line - just toss the full chords on top... pure majors/minors first. Then play with maj7s, cadd9... with those only - you should be really close :)

Reaction score
that's great thanks for all that info - i've got the piano/guitar/vocal book for the best of jamiroquai so i know what you mean about there being loads of m7s etc!!

i'll do all that, thanks again for replying!

gary

Reaction score
Hello,

I up the thread because I'm looking for the chords too. I found the intro, with the brasses and the keyboard, but during the verse, I'm lost ...

I've completed a Guitar Pro file, you can find it here : http://www.fufox.net/?d=5A5221E43C68

Please, can someone help us for the verse's chords ? :)

And sorry for my bad english, I'm french ... :(

Reaction score
Try working the 7th arpeggio(no3) with your left hand ...just like the bass. Work all the patterns. There are 6 patterns ( 1, 5 ,b7,1).

Then add the chord with your right hand.

Then flip it.. work the arpeggio with your right hand and make the chord with your left.

Then start working the inversions of the chord so the Root isn't under your thumb.

That should keep you busy for about a year.

PS... I'm a guitar player primarily ...I take it as a compliment when people say I play guitar like a piano player and vice verse.. It is a good thing having "big ears"

Ask a Question