First fully chord-based song finished! Want some Feedback :)

Reaction score
Here's the song:

Unnamed.mp3 - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

This is the very first time I write an entire song that is only chord-based (and the very first song I will actually finish, for a change :p), and I'm actually very satisfied with the results so far, but would like to hear your opinion about it :)

I'm going to add vocals to it later as well, but my singing is not that great yet, and I've never ever written either lyrics or melodies before, and my vocal recording gear really sucks bad, so I decided to link the song before ruining it with the vocals xD

So, my first song. Enjoy :)

Reaction score
I like it.

The percussion that starts near the middle threw me at first. Maybe it was the addition of multiple instrument voices all at once. Do you have a piano-only version for comparison?

Reaction score
I do like the piano-only version better, but it does seem to need something more. Maybe a toned done version of the extra voices?

Reaction score
I do like the piano-only version better, but it does seem to need something more. Maybe a toned done version of the extra voices?

What do you mean with "a toned done version of the extra voices"? To keep the drums and bass and stuff, but have them a bit more silently in the background or something?

Ask a Question