First time user.

Reaction score
Hey! I haven't played the piano keyboard since 2009 and I hardly played it and just played simple songs and this was at school and I now want to play a musical instrument and I chose to play the piano. Whats the best piano for me and the price? I live in London, UK if that helps. Shall I get one with all 88 keys? I havn't got a local music shop. Someone has recommended me the Casio CTK-900 and CTK-2100. I wouldn't mind a midi keyboard. So, What shall I get. I need a new hobby for college, don't worry I will devote to it.

Reaction score
I'm being serious. I really don't have a local musical instrument shop near me.

Reaction score
You live in London and there's no music stores?
Take a bus ride and go check out some keyboards first-hand. This isn't a mean
reply, but you obviously have to do your own your research and testing.
B3

Reaction score
London's a big place you know but I'll see what I can find. Opinons on these three keyboards?: Casio CTK-900 and CTK-2100 and Yamaha DGX-205

Reaction score
Can anyone PLEASE answer my question: Opinons on these three keyboards?: Casio CTK-900 and CTK-2100 and Yamaha DGX-205

Reaction score
Hello Sykez. It's a friendly forum and I don't want you thinking you're being ignored.

Have you been to a music shop yet? Don't know where you are in London but it's one of the world's great walking cities. Get a friend and take the tube (or train and tube/bus and tube).

The models you mentioned are "home keyboards." You should pick one you like. They have a very poor resale value - basically whatever you can convince a second hand buyer to pay you.

Good luck. There's not really any more help I can give you.

Reaction score
I haven't done any research on any of the mentioned keyboards, but I do know that Casio tends to be quite toy-ish (especially in the lower pricerange), while Yamaha still has some quality. And I am familiar with the DGX series, although not specifically the 205 model.

But, most of the time, it's Yamaha > Casio.

Ask a Question