Fixing keyboards scale

Reaction score
hi, I have roland sk-50 keyboard. but it's sound is one scale lower. Is there any way to fix that? Could you please help me in fixing that,, Thank You.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I take it you mean 1 octave lower than expected? Or did you mean 1 semitone lower?

Some keyboards have a button, or sometimes a pair of buttons, that let you shift the entire keyboard up or down by 1 or more octaves.

Some keyboards have a similar button, or pair of buttons, for transposing the entire keyboard up or down by 1 or more semitones.

Other keyboards have settings for these octave-shift and transpose features, but you need to do some "menu diving" to find the settings.

See page 21 of the Owner's Manual for information on how to enable/disable the Transpose feature, as well as how to set its value. It looks like you can transpose the keyboard up or down by a maximum of 24 semitones (2 octaves).

Reaction score
Thank You for your reply. Actually it is one semitone lower. I'have one button here as key transpose. when i press that it shifts entire keyboard one octave down. I'll try reading the manual as you mentioned. Once again thank You for your reply

Reaction score
here is the answer to your issue. Page 24 of the owners manual. see the master tune section. Set it to 440.

tuning issue.JPG

Ask a Question