foot controlled midi

Reaction score
I've got 2 boards, a Motif Xs7 and Yamaha S90) and I need something foot controlable that I can recall midi scenes such as in the record mode on the XS I have 1-16 sounds for this song then for another but it has to do that function across 2 boards. On the s90 it could just change the sound but i really need to do switch something like

Step on button 1 and Top keyboard is a pre selected Rhodes and bottom is hammond
or top is synth pathc bottom is piano....... Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hey, Jamie - I can't really help you because I'm in exactly the same boat as you are.

My boards are the M-Audio ProKeys 88sx and Roland Juno-Gi. And with both hands on either keys at any given time I'm looking into the same solution as you are.

My problem is that no matter which site I go to to explain midi to me, it's all the same convoluded vague crap.

I'll keep looking, though. It's the masochist in me.

If I find anything out I'll let you know!

Reaction score
Hi I think this is a similar issue to one I answered a bit earlier.

I do a similar thing to what you're asking for in this way, you need to use one of your synths as a master for a start. In my case it's my Roland A90, each program in the A90 sends appropriate Bank and Program changes to my other synths, so for example "Song 1" selects a Piano locally on the A90, some strings on the XP80 and some effects on the K2000. "Song 2" has a different setup but does basically the same thing. I then use a foot switch connected to the A90 to cycle through the songs, so the foot switch is simply incrementing or decrementing the current program on the A90, which in turn transmits the relevant change data to all the other keyboards. Hope that makes sense.

Ask a Question