Foot Dancer

Reaction score
real toe tapper indeed Barry! loved the sounds used, particularly that flute! very nice :) Always been impressed with Yamaha gear, especially the Tyros and Motif range. Nicely arranged too. I've really got to get back into composing and making proper tunes like this. :)

Reaction score
real toe tapper indeed Barry! loved the sounds used, particularly that flute! very nice :) Always been impressed with Yamaha gear, especially the Tyros and Motif range. Nicely arranged too. I've really got to get back into composing and making proper tunes like this. :)
Many thanks for this as well
Looking forward yo your stuff coming through as well. You have a great touch for for the Jazz thing.
Have a great day
Barry

Reaction score
I love it. I make it a point to see all the Irish bands as they pass through.
Hi There Travst and welcome from me
Many thanks for your comments
I see you have John Mayall as your Avatar. I used to see them regularly when Eric Clapton was with them and they were The Blues Breakers
At that time Clapton played huge rhtyhmic slides on an old telecaster. Lots of great people went through that doot!
Have a great day
Barry

Reaction score
Oh, I'm old enough to remember the sixties. It's just that I didn't get to see the Bluesbreakers in my small Delta town. I did grow up around a number of the old bluesmen, however.

Reaction score
Oh, I'm old enough to remember the sixties. It's just that I didn't get to see the Bluesbreakers in my small Delta town. I did grow up around a number of the old bluesmen, however.
OK I guess I was kind of lucky. I was born in a town called Aylesbury 35 Miles north of London, a very popular place for all artists to play in the 60's. I had better not tell you any more or you will be convinced!!!
Go on then tell me who they were it's my turn to be jealous!
Barry

Reaction score
BB King was already doing well when I was a boy, he's from a town 30 miles from my hometown. Local acts included Little Milton, Sam Chatmon, Son Thomas, Boogaloo Ames and Pinetop Perkins. A lot of those guys have Youtube videos. My favorite was Sam Chatmon. He was a really nice man and very kind to me as I followed him around and he got me into the juke joints that he played where I'd be the only white face in the crowd. We had house parties where everyone would spend the whole day and pitch in to pay for local musicians to play for the group. It was a great time. With the death of Pinetop last year, all of them are gone now. There are some nice videos of Sam on Youtube. He played with the Mississippi Sheiks back in the thirties.

Reaction score
BB King was already doing well when I was a boy, he's from a town 30 miles from my hometown. Local acts included Little Milton, Sam Chatmon, Son Thomas, Boogaloo Ames and Pinetop Perkins. A lot of those guys have Youtube videos. My favorite was Sam Chatmon. He was a really nice man and very kind to me as I followed him around and he got me into the juke joints that he played where I'd be the only white face in the crowd. We had house parties where everyone would spend the whole day and pitch in to pay for local musicians to play for the group. It was a great time. With the death of Pinetop last year, all of them are gone now. There are some nice videos of Sam on Youtube. He played with the Mississippi Sheiks back in the thirties.
OK You Did IT! :D
Shame that they have all gone now. The music was a great influence back here especially with our form of 60's R&B
We never got to see any of these artists ourselves but we had musicians that did and would let us have it people like John Mayall, Long John Baldry, The Yardbirds, Rod Stewart, Georgie Fame and the like all took their influences from blues. You might hate this but here is one of my influences with me having a stab at my own version of Dimples http://www.cowles.org.uk/music player.asp?playlist=Arthritic Fingers/Dimples.mp3&RecID=96

Ask a Question