for fantom x6 users (in english)

Reaction score
please try polyphony with these sounds

pr-b 109 clustered,
pr-b 102 fs strings,
pr-g 024 x hall str,
user 015 synphonika,
user 123 wind & str

when i play a high note and than play with my left arm as many notes as i can catch, the high note or even more cut out. but only with these sounds. pls try and let me know if you've got the same problem.

cheers,

dre

Reaction score
This will be to do with the fact that you've exceeded the polyphony for the keyboard. The X6 can only process 128 waves at once. If the it is anything like other roland synths, the patches you've mentioned probably use 4 waves per note. 128/4=32=maximum number of notes you can play simultaneously before you hit difficulties. If you exceed this, the keyboard will give priority to the most recently played notes, hence the high note you first played cutting out. If you really want to be able to something like what you've described, try changing the voice priority from "Last" to "Loudest" and make sure that you play the high note louder than the rest - it'll probably take some practice!

Ask a Question