For once im stumped by midi...

Reaction score
I saw a great post the other day by kanthos about a two keyboard midi setup, however maybe im retarded.. or it wasnt clear enough for me...

heres my goals and why im stumped

-to be able to use ONE sustain pedal for my two keyboards, Since there on different channels, i cant figure out how to make that work.. and two sustain pedals has been a real drag..
-Im aware i must switch the midi channels of both keyboards.. this affects my combis when im not using two boards. how is it possible that my keyboard is on midi channel 1... but then when i use a combi im controlling midi channel 2?
- say im using my karma with a midi controller going out to my karma. how do i get the midi controller to sustain to...

If you have any korg you should be able to help me (especially m50 x50 triton karma m3 oasys trinity

PLEASEEE HELP MEEEEEE

and ALSO for you triton guys who DONT have an EXB piano board! I HAVE FREE SAMPLES OF ONE! AND IT SOUNDS GOOOOD! i dont care about my email being out.. its (e-mail address removed)

email me and i will send them to ya :)

Reaction score
Using one pedal for two keyboards is simple. Keyboard A, with the pedal plugged into it, must send MIDI control change data to Keyboard B on the channel that Keyboard B is receiving on. If you don't want to send note on/note off information from A to B, then either A will have to not send it (for example, setting up a key zone of a single key that's off the keyboard, like both the low and high end of the zone are 0 - C-1), or keyboard B will have to filter out note data that it receives.

Basically, find out whichever of your keyboards can easily send MIDI data on multiple channels and plug the pedal into that one, and make sure that for any channel the other keyboard uses, MIDI CCs are sent from the other keyboard on that channel.

Reaction score
I understand that and thats what i got from your thread wich helped me so much its bookmarked! haha but how like in detal to i make it do that, is it global? or program per program (or cambi percombi yatta yatta)

i read from your thread your using i think a korg TR, so you should be able to give me a jist on whats going on. in side the keyboard. i really apreciate your fast reply :)

Reaction score
complete noob Q, can you not do it with one of these ?

soundking_mono_jack_double_adapter_5677big.jpg

this,
250-525.jpg

and two patch leads?

Ask a Question