Forum Suggestion : Miscellaneous Keyboards & Synths

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi Ian,

With so many new brands of synths coming on the market these days like Behringer and Ashun Sound Machines and etc. It seems to me that we could use a Miscellaneous Keyboards Forum under the manufacturers' forums to catch the overflow.

It shouldn't be too tough to add and it would open up a forum for all the new brands and those to come when people need tech advice.

Thanks for listening,

Gary ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm happy to add that if people think it'll be useful :). Any chance you could let me know which keyboard manufacturer listings that you (and anyone else reading this) thinks we're missing and we can see which ones would be big enough for their own sub-forum, and which ones I can mention in the description for "miscellaneous keyboards" :). In the UK I see a lot of "RockJam" keyboards advertised for kids.

Reaction score
To add my twopenneth.

As Gary writes Behringer springs to mind as one becoming increasingly popular.

Maybe the M-Audio could be under review since it is quite a while since anything was posted there.

So perhaps a Misc keyboards and a separate Hardware Synths could be useful. And maybe a MIDI keyboard controller section

BTW
Ian, have you seen any Rockjam kit out there?

I have seen some Rockjam guitar kits which are Squier lookalikes but way less in cost. The parent company also make Martin Smith Guitars, an acoustic for £40 but just having the Smith name probably annoys Auden who sell custom built electric guitars under the Gordon Smith brand and excellent gear this is.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What Biggles just said x2^

Also Medelli is getting quite big as they are the parent company of Ashun Sound Machines among others.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Regardless of any brand that rate their own forums there are dozens of smaller outfits building eurorack modules and synths and sequencers and drum machines that simply wouldn't quite fit anywhere else.

For instance the Argon8. I dunno who builds it but it's also getting its fifteen minutes of fame right now.

A biggie worth mentioning as well is arturia. They don't just build controllers these days but also all sorts of synths and drum machines and groove boxes.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Also aside from Behringer, Arturia and Medelli, it may be worthwhile to add a Fatar Section since they also build keyboards under the Studiologic name.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You might also want to add a Zoom forum. While they don't make keyboards per se, they do produce a lot of groove boxes, drum machines, FX pedals and assorted accessories that keyboard players are prone to using.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Or maybe just a combined forum for assorted studio gear. Mixers, FX & Signal Processors, Drum Machines, Groove Boxes, Speakers, Gig Bags, Piano Benches and all the other stuff that's not strictly speaking instrumental but nonetheless important for any studio or live gig.

Gary ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not got much time to add this at the weekend, but I've got it in my Calendar to add on Monday :D.

Ask a Question