"Free" styles on Yamaha SX-700

Reaction score
Hi,
Despite everything, Santa was nice to me this Christmas, and I got an SX-700 keyboard.
One of the things I like are the "Free" styles. These are styles which no rythm. Currently, I can only find two in the movie section, but:
Does anyone know if or where I can get some free styoles which have an organ sound in the left hand. Failing that, how easy would it be to make such a style on the SX-700.
Thanks for any thoughts,
David.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Once you get to the better quality arrangers you can usually create your own or modify existing ones.

I do not know about Yamaha but with the Korg Pa series it is fairly easy and there are online Youtube Videos showing how, the manual certainly goes through it in detail so if you search for your SX you should find something similar

Hopefully your SX manual can help, but do have a look on the Yamaha site as they have two Manual versions (Owners & Reference), look at Page 18 of the Reference Manual for details of creating custom styles.

For expanding your SX there is the Yamaha Expansion Manager software available for that very task.

I’m a Korg guy so cannot go into chapter and verse re Yamaha kit.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Once you get to the better quality arrangers you can usually create your own or modify existing ones.

I do not know about Yamaha but with the Korg Pa series it is fairly easy and there are online Youtube Videos showing how, the manual certainly goes through it in detail so if you search for your SX you should find something similar

Hopefully your SX manual can help, but do have a look on the Yamaha site as they have two Manual versions (Owners & Reference), look at Page 18 of the Reference Manual for details of creating custom styles.

For expanding your SX there is the Yamaha Expansion Manager software available for that very task.

I’m a Korg guy so cannot go into chapter and verse re Yamaha kit.

Good luck.
Hi Biggles,

Thanks for this. I'd not looked at the reference manual, but will do so now. Unfortunately, as a player with no sight, the Extensions manager is not accessible, but I'll look into creaating my own style.
Thanks,
David.

Reaction score
Ik heb zelf ook een SX700 en een Tyros. Ik heb vorig jaar duizende instrument klanken en zeker ook zo veel ritme's gekocht op een usb stick. Maar ben bang dat je ze niet gratis kan vinden. Kort samen gevat heeft mijn usb meer in zich dan de SX700.

Ask a Question