Freeze button / mode significance

Reaction score
Dear All,

Hello !!! I am new person in musical keyboard area.

I wish to know about the followings :
(1) What is the importance of "freeze" button/mode in Yamaha psr i455 or similar / higher keyboard ?
(2) Is it extremely necessary for the beginners or entry level professionals ?
(3) Is there any similar function or mode available in Casio ctk 6300i or any Casio model ?

Please help.
Thanks to all the forum members.
SN ROY

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
This lets you protect the Style or Tabla/Tanpura settings so they won't be changed when you recall Registrations.

When you save a Registration there are a number of different settings that get saved, including settings related to the Style or Tabla/Tanpura. Consequently, if you want to set up different Registrations so you'll be able to quickly switch between different Voices during a performance, you could find that the Style or Tabla/Tanpura settings are being changed in the middle of a performance when you don't want them to be, depending on what settings were saved when you originally saved the Registrations.

The Freeze option lets you prevent that from happening. There are two methods available:

(1) You can use the Freeze option on a per-Registration basis, such that recalling certain Registrations will cause the Style or Tabla/Tanpura settings to change to whatever settings you'd saved to those Registrations, but recalling other Registrations will not cause the Style or Tabla/Tanpura settings to change. To do that, follow the instructions on page 31 of the Owner's Manual.

(2) You can use the Freeze option on a "system" basis, such that recalling a Registration won't change the Style or Tabla/Tanpura settings, regardless of whether or not you'd used the procedure mentioned above when saving the Registrations. To do that, turn the Freeze function on in the Functions menu.

Ask a Question