Frustrated Keyboard Junkie

TCT

Reaction score
Motif XF6, $2400.00 dollars. Cannot play a drum track by itself, while changing back and forth between instruments? Really!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That's why keyboardists tend to own more than one piece of gear.

Take a look at the Korg Electribe.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Or actually it should be doable by setting up your XF6 to play the drum track with the internal sequencer while using the keys on a different MIDI channel.

Reaction score
Motif XF6, $2400.00 dollars. Cannot play a drum track by itself, while changing back and forth between instruments? Really!

I own a Motif XF6 and I don't understand what you are doing. Even in Performance mode the Motif can play a Drum Track with up to 5 variations and let your switch between 3 other instruments. In Song or Pattern mode you have a drum track and up to 15 additional instruments you can switch between or play at the same time plus an external voice. Read the manual even if its just the Performance Mode.

TCT

Reaction score
I own a Motif XF6 and I don't understand what you are doing. Even in Performance mode the Motif can play a Drum Track with up to 5 variations and let your switch between 3 other instruments. In Song or Pattern mode you have a drum track and up to 15 additional instruments you can switch between or play at the same time plus an external voice. Read the manual even if its just the Performance Mode.
Hopefully I am missing something. So what you are saying is that if I start with a Performance, Say Blues, which has 4 tracks that play together, one of which is a piano, I can switch to an organ sound without the drum beat stopping or having to push multiple buttons to get to a new voice, which does not work when your jamming with someone because it takes too long. I not saying your wrong, I hope you are right.

Reaction score
Hopefully I am missing something. So what you are saying is that if I start with a Performance, Say Blues, which has 4 tracks that play together, one of which is a piano, I can switch to an organ sound without the drum beat stopping or having to push multiple buttons to get to a new voice, which does not work when your jamming with someone because it takes too long. I not saying your wrong, I hope you are right.

You can create a performance for example with Drums in Part 1; bass in part two; Organ in Part 3; Piano in part 4. Then you can mute part 3 and play just piano, bass and drums. The anytime you want just mute part 4 and activate part 3 and switch from piano lead to organ lead. This is called performance control. If you need more than 4 parts or voices you will need to use Song mode. Then you have 16 parts and can use the buttons on the right to mute and activate any voices (parts) you want. So for example you can have Drums, Bass, Guitar, Pads as backing each with their own Arps with up to 12 other voices that you can play together or switch between them using the buttons on the right. Performance is a quick way but only has 4 parts. Hope that helps.

Joe

Reaction score
Another method would be go into song mode, set up all 16 tracks with your favorite voices, with one track for your drums. You could then have easy access over drum arpeggios while also chaining instruments seamlessly. Once you learn the machine, you can use the Master mode to really tap into more of the motifs abilities. Go to the motifator.com forum.

There is not much this machine can't do.

Ask a Question