Frustrated with Alesis

Reaction score
What's going on with Alesis these days? I used their site for advice on how to get my SR-18 replaced or repaired. Within minutes I received an auto-reply saying they would contact me in 48-72 hours. That was 5 business days ago.

Last time I had a similar situation was with Cakewalk who FINALLY emailed me after 7 months. Meanwhile, I learned from the good folks here at KF that Cakewalk had gone defunct.

Is Alesis defunct too?

BTW: my SR18 operates properly on batteries only. Whenever I plug it in to the power supply it just totally Wigs Out. Bought a new power supply ...same result.

Reaction score
First, Cakewalk is not defunct, it is now foc via the BandLab website so problems with Cakewalk in the past are now history and of no use adversely commenting about the previous owners lack of customer service.

I can understand your frustration with Alesis, I bought a unit of theirs and returned it two weeks later, lack of research and testing on my part contributed to me buying the wrong unit for my needs and hence ending up with a cheap plastic, inconsistent device

It is a sad fact that most lower cost kit is simply not worth the effort or cost involved in getting it repaired, best to send it to the recycling centre and buy a new more robust unit.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all, is the SR-18 still under warranty? If not, there's not much point in contacting Alesis. You're probably better off finding a local tech to handle the power supply issue.

Also if it's no longer under warranty you might want to consider opening it up asnd taking a peek inside. It could be something as simple as a flaky solder joint or loose wire that's easily fixed.

In the meantime, don't plug in any power supply until you have a diagnosis.

Things could go from bad to worse very quickly.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question