Fun, Interactive Android App for Music Composition

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to introduce a useful app for music composition and melody generation that may be of use to composers and musicians.

Watch the video:

This app requires no knowledge of music theory, since the program algorithm automatically generates music notes that are appropriately pitched. However, the user is in full control of the musical composition since finger movements on the screen dictate the general flow and movement of each successive note. Therefore, the user is essentially the composer of the resulting musical piece.

The generated tune can be exported to a MIDI file (only paid version) for easy editing and mixing for your projects.

Here are the links and QR codes for both the free and paid versions:

market.android.com/details?id=com.happynotes (paid)

qrcode71b1de4ea6a7855b9cab1b534eda8625.png

market.android.com/details?id=com.happynoteslite (free)

qrcoded9d27b3f8098c0940a926ced08ef15e8.png

Requires Android 2.2 or above.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Is this your own software you're on here recommending? It's your first post. I'll leave this on but I've never heard of this and have no way of checking if your links are ok or hiding some dodgy software virus.

If you tell us who you are (and we can verify that this is genuine) - don't worry - I'll leave this up. I'll check back tomorrow to see if you've posted - I'll have to delete it and block you otherwise - first post and all that.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a software engineer/musician/composer and this was an app that I initially developed to help myself come up with new melodies for my projects. I put it on the android market recently. Thanks!

Ask a Question