GarageBand question

Reaction score
I'm a newbie playing around in GarageBand '11 (6.0.5) on a Mac. When I follow the prompts to install instrument sounds like trumpets or additional guitars via software update, the AppStore doesn't really do anything. GarageBand tells me that additional content is downloading but never resolves.

Is there a way to get these without updating the whole thing? Just from browsing here I'm wary of updating to the latest GarageBand just yet. As a fallback, thinking of setting up the new GarageBand on my partner's computer - build the whole thing in 6.0.5 and then move it over there to adjust the instruments.

Thank you!

Reaction score
It sounds like you might need to try a "remove and reinstall" of GarageBand. Also, if you do not have a stable internet connection, it can be hard to accomplish updates from the App store. Don

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why this worked, but I did eventually manage to see and download these. As far as I can tell it worked because of quitting both GB and the app store and restarting the computer.

Ask a Question