GAS Strikes Again!!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This past Cyber Monday I once again proved that a computer and a credit card can be a dangerous thing :D :D :D

I pulled the trigger on a Roland Juno DS61 for the living room when I just feel like noodling around.

It should be arriving by courier tomorrow so in the meantime I've printed and bound the manual to keep my busy whilst I wait :)

I currently don't have any plans to add it to my existing studio but those may change depending on just how good this puppy really is.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Ray. :)

Something to keep me busy during the arctic weather upcoming in the next few months.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Not going to give this one away.

On the other hand can I interest you in a cheap plastic recorder that can't hold a tune for only $99.95 plus shipping? :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Oriane...

Hopefully I will start up composing again really soon.

It's been a long and busy year for me this year. :eek:

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Juno arrived today in good condition. Early impressions are that it's a decent sounding instrument but it will take me a while to thoroughly audition the sounds. Hopefully will get a better opportunity to do so later next week.

In the meantime it's great to be able to just get up and jam when a catchy tune comes up in the living room :)

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a Roland Juno DS61 for the living room

Each room in a house or apartment should have its own musical keyboard (and television, and computer, and refrigerator, and microwave oven, etc.). Limiting specific rooms to specific functions (recording music, storing food, cooking, eating, watching television, sleeping, etc.) is so last-century-ago! ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I heartily agree. If I could I'd walk around everywhere with a network wifi enabled holographic keyboard at my fingertips at all times.

Seeing however, we have to work with "stone knives and bearskins" (as Mr Spock once put it) I must however, limit my musical aspirations to locations with physical instruments :p

Gary ;)

PS, I've had a chance to dig a little deeper into the beast. The procedure for saving and accessing a performance is somewhat tedious but layering up some of the sounds and playing with cutoff and resonance gets some KICKASS results!!!! :D :D :D

All in all I think I'll be very happy in the long run with the latest addition to my musical "family" :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you Fred.

We keyboard junkies have to stick together.

Any hints as to what it may be? A Boxing Day deal on a Tyros perhaps?

The more I play around with the Roland the more impressed I become.

As is normal the beast has over 1300 sounds with only a hundred or so being usable, but those sounds are AMAZINGLY rich and clear.

Right now I'm waiting for the closing date on a real estate deal to finish up and have some time on my hands so I might try composing something sometime this coming week.

I'm way overdue.

My last entry on Soundcloud was like 5 months ago and that was a simple VSTi remix of an older tune of mine.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question