GEAUXCAT: Hello from ATLANTA!

Reaction score
Hello from the ATL! I'm an IT professional who during this pandemic, has started getting back into playing keyboards again and acquiring some gear to start my own home studio to record my own creations. I took classical piano lessons once a week from age 6 to around 17 years old. I played clarinet in band and then started fooling around with guitar, drums, and any instrument I can get my hands on. After college, I managed a record store and then later managed a couple of musical instrument stores before I got into IT. I've been in IT for over 20 years now and am counting down the years to retirement.

I love all different genres of music, but I always lean towards 80's New Wave/British Pop invasion/synth-wave.

Some of my fave all-time artists are: Prince, Duran Duran, Eddie Van Halen, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Erasure, Cher, Madonna, Garbage, Lady Gaga. I prefer up-beat music that makes me feel good. I love OLD SCHOOL outlaw country like Waylon, Merle, Willie and Cash as well. I enjoy New Orleans R&B/jazz/zydeco as I'm originally from Louisiana. Mardi Gras music is always fun!

Here is my current gear:

• Roland Juno DS-61 synth
  • Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synth
  • Uno Drum machine
  • Korg Kaoss Pad (first one, yellow unit, no MIDI)
  • Roland KC-80 keyboard amp
  • Shure 58 Vocal Mic w/stand
  • Novation LaunchKey 47 (DAW controller)
  • Software: PreSonus StudioONE, Ableton Live, demo of ProTools and LogicPro
  • Apple iMac
  • PreSonus E3.5BT studio monitors
  • Schecter C-1 Platinum electric guitar
  • Line 6 Spyder IV 75 watt guitar amp
  • Boss Heavy Metal pedal
  • TC Electronic Ditto+ looper pedal

I am here to get suggestions and ideas on the latest gear as well as how to connect all my MIDI gear to make the most of it. I've been "out of the loop" for so long in the music industry, I need to catch up on the trends and current gear. I used to attend the NAMM shows and miss it so much!

I'm looking for discussions on recording DAWs and how to correctly copyright and publish your own music.

Thanks!

Attachments

• New Gear Day.JPG
    New Gear Day.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Studio.jpg
    Studio.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 11

Ask a Question