Getting a Rock/Hammond Organ Sound on Casio PX-150

Reaction score
I recently purchased a PX-150 and was wondering if there was any particular voice or combination of voices I could use to achieve a Rock Organ sort of sound, similar to what you hear in these songs:

If the built-in voices on the piano aren't adequate for this, is there an FX pedal or anything that I can use to get this sound? I'd really like to be able to jam out some good Rock Organ songs.

TCT

Reaction score
Rock Organ sounds from a Casio? Not sure if you are going to get a sound that your looking for. I would guess that these songs are played on more of a synth based keyboard. The first thing I would try is like you said, layering the organ sounds, if that is possible. Best of Luck. TCT

Reaction score
I have the PX150 also - An interesting easy way to get close to a "rock" sound is to LAYER Pipe Organ with Jazz or Electric Organ, and then adjust the CHORUS setting to 4 (which gives a slight tremolo). Check the manual for these.
The other option is to use the keyboard as a controller via USB Midi to a computer running samples or to a module with the Hammond B3 or whatever samples.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There are some good virtual B3 programs out there, too-- just search for "virtual B3"! :)

Ask a Question