Getting down to business

Reaction score
Hello, first of all I would like to say I'm sorry if I post this in the wrong section, I'm new and all and don't know the layout of this board too well. Now let's get started.

I am new to the whole synthesizer thing. I have messed around with the KORG DS-10, and found it fun but would prefer a real thing. Doing research I have come down to four synths that are in my budget ($100-$250). The Korg poly-800, Yamaha DX7, Casio CZ101 and Alesis Micron. I was able to find the Alesis pretty easily for around 299.99 used since it is a newer model but the other three are impossible to find! Is there some site I don't know about, other than ebay?

I am just looking for a fun hobby to do with this, but it does have a possibility to turn into something serious. I would also just be using it hooked up to PC speakers at first, until I get a keyboard amp.

So basically, are these 4 the type I am looking for? Am I missing something? Is there a great site that has all kinds of vintage synths? etc

And again, sorry if I am posting on the wrong board.

Ask a Question