Getting Korg SV-1 software/soundpacks for a used board

Reaction score
I bought a used SV-1, sans CD, and I want to be able to fiddle with the Soundpacks and the software, and even see whether it's worth it to try and map a set of midi drawbars to the organs. The actual editor isn't available on the download section of their site, so I'm trying to figure out whether there's a legit place to download it.

Reaction score
see whether it's worth it to try and map a set of midi drawbars to the organs.
Not possible. The organ sounds are self-contained samples of complete organ registrations. You won't find an "organ engine" in the SV1, no individual drawbar sounds, nothing for drawbars to control.

Reaction score
Not possible. The organ sounds are self-contained samples of complete organ registrations. You won't find an "organ engine" in the SV1, no individual drawbar sounds, nothing for drawbars to control.

Ah, that's really annoying. Thanks for the info. Crumar is making a little B3 rack with drawbars soon, I hear; that would probably be a better option with a little MIDI controller.

Reaction score
I have not seen any reliable reference to a Crumar B3 module with drawbars. There is the Gemini module, and there are MIDI drawbars you can add to it, and a facebook page showed a prototype of a new drawbar controller, but no new module. Though there is a Viscount single-box module with drawbars coming out (or maybe it's already out, not sure). Though anything with built in drawbars would not be a "rack" module per se, that would be pretty inconvenient!

Ask a Question