Gigbag for Juno DS88

HKC

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am looking for a tight gig bag for a JunoDS88. It needs to be tight because size matters when I pack the car and the length of the Juno 1415 mm doesn't leave much room for anything.
Thomann has recommended this https://www.thomann.de/gb/soundwear_stagebag_88_xl.htm but it's too long and far too wide and actually also to high. The latter is no so important in terms of room in the car but it matters when it comes to actually keeping the keyboard safe while carrying it.
The Juno is 1415 x 341 x 144 and the suggested gig back is 1470 x 450 x 190 (everything in mm). It's quite a jungle finding a suitable bag so I am hoping someone in here has been down the same alley and has some experience to share

All the best
Henrik

Reaction score
I have the 61. The bag is super except it’s very tall.

4B284BBE-DF37-4C6F-A32F-741AB4B8BE9A.jpeg

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GPG76Slimd

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
For the metrically impaired here are the Juno DS88's dimensions in inches.

(rounded off to the next highest tenth of an inch)

55.8" x 13.5" x 5.7"

The 76 key case you suggested is too short Scatabrain.

No matter how you look at it, with interior dimensions of roughly 56 inches plus two inches padding at each of the end walls, a 60" case exterior is the smallest he'll be able to find no matter what he does.

Even if he had a case custom made it would still require at least an inch or more padding at each end to properly protect the keyboard.

In North America at least, the G-PG-88SLIMXL is is his best bet.

My advice is to crack a window when loading up the car :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Considering the Rolands and Korgs use joysticks on their keyboards a little extra space cushioning the top can actually be a good thing.

But the original poster's main complaint was the length and squeezing it into I presume a compact car.

His only options are to either A) Flip Down the Passenger Seat or B) leave it sticking out of a rear window or C) buy a truck :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually I own Gator's TSA SlimXL case for my Kurzweil PC3K8. Since the keyboard is 57" long it's the only thing that fits it. But it does fit like a glove :)

kurzweil-002.jpg

kurzweil-003.jpg

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi. For what its worth I own a Juno DS88 and have the Gator bag. The fit is very good, however, I need to warn you that although the keyboard is heavy, the bag is relatively heavy too. That makes it all the more difficult when handling.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Do you have the bag or the TSA case? The bag is about twenty pounds lighter than the case.

I know the DS88 weighs in around 34 lbs.

That's less than half the weight of my Kurzweil rig altogether. Still less than 50 lbs total. Should be a breeze to haul around by comparison.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Do you have the bag or the TSA case? The bag is about twenty pounds lighter than the case.

I know the DS88 weighs in around 34 lbs.

That's less than half the weight of my Kurzweil rig altogether. Still less than 50 lbs total. Should be a breeze to haul around by comparison.

Gary ;)
I’m not sure what you call it, but it is definitely not a bag. I think there is plywood in it for rigidity. I’m going to check out the bag. Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Gator makes two types of gig bags as well as hard cases.

The medium protection Gig Bag does have reinforcement at the edges and sides and has a wire frame to maintain shape and give added protection.

You probably have the one I recommended earlier in the thread, The G-PG-88SLIMXL.

The other bag they make is simply a soft bag with no protection at all.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
For the metrically impaired here are the Juno DS88's dimensions in inches.

(rounded off to the next highest tenth of an inch)

55.8" x 13.5" x 5.7"

The 76 key case you suggested is too short Scatabrain.

No matter how you look at it, with interior dimensions of roughly 56 inches plus two inches padding at each of the end walls, a 60" case exterior is the smallest he'll be able to find no matter what he does.

Even if he had a case custom made it would still require at least an inch or more padding at each end to properly protect the keyboard.

In North America at least, the G-PG-88SLIMXL is is his best bet.

My advice is to crack a window when loading up the car :D

Gary ;)

Hahaha, we live in Oregon and that is what we did all summer but now it's raining all the time!

Ask a Question