Gloves for outdoor gigging?

Reaction score
I’ve started taking outdoor gigs, but my last one was a disaster because it was so cold that I was practically unable to move my hands on the keys. My fingers are incredibly sensitive to cold, to the point where playing is nearly impossible. I was thinking of getting gloves that were sleek so that my fingers weren’t so big, but warm enough so my fingers didn’t freeze up. I don’t know if this is a thing people do, but if it is, could anyone recommend gloves that they use, or just a way to deal with the extreme cold?

Reaction score
a way to deal with the extreme cold?
I would think that if it were that cold then why are you playing outdoor gigs? I did that silly stuff when I was younger but I just pass on those types of gigs now. A way of dealing with it is avoiding it. Even if you had gloves you couldn't possibly enjoy the experience in "extreme cold" (your words).

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Maybe a pair of these

Over a pair of these to keep your fingertips warm.

You got questions about the cold? Ask a Canuck :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, the next time you accept an outdoor winter venue, I'd suggest getting a propane industrial heater written into the contract for the stage.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
As an ex Motorcyclist I used to wear and use electrically heated gloves.

There are fingerless heated gloves available.

Additionally there are electrically heated clothing available and I used an electrically heated gilet.

Ask a Question