GOOD, FREE PIANO VST DOWNLOAD OUT THERE????

Discussion in 'alt.steinberg.cubase' started by Paul, Oct 18, 2010.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Is there one? For classical and jazz piano.

    A good VST plug-in, preferably cheap or free.....
     
    Paul, Oct 18, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Paul

    Phil W Guest

    Paul:

    > Is there one? For classical and jazz piano.
    >
    > A good VST plug-in, preferably cheap or free.....


    Try "mda Piano" for a start. It´s small and quite okay, but it has always
    been free.

    you have to download the complete mda package, including effects, to get
    their VST synths!

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mda-vst/files/

    make sure, you download the appropriate version for the operating system,
    that your "music computer" uses!

    under Windows, just unzip the .dll files to "C:\Program
    Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\mda" (or whereever your vst folder may dwell...)


    clear enough?


    AND BTW: TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE INTERNET IS CONSIDERED
    TO SHOUTING AND RANTING !!!!!
    hint: google "netiquette"
     
    Phil W, Oct 19, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Paul

    Danny T Guest

    On Oct 19, 10:41 am, "Phil W" <> wrote:
    > Paul:
    >
    > >    Is there one?   For classical and jazz piano.

    >
    > >    A good VST plug-in, preferably cheap or free.....

    >
    > Try "mda Piano" for a start. It s small and quite okay, but it has always
    > been free.
    >
    > you have to download the complete mda package, including effects, to get
    > their VST synths!
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/mda-vst/files/
    >
    > make sure, you download the appropriate version for the operating system,
    > that your "music computer" uses!
    >
    > under Windows, just unzip the .dll files to "C:\Program
    > Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\mda" (or whereever your vst folder may dwell....)
    >
    > clear enough?
    >
    > AND BTW: TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE INTERNET IS CONSIDERED
    > TO SHOUTING AND RANTING !!!!!
    > hint: google "netiquette"


    Phil,
    I use the Halion player for some things like drum parts. I know it can
    play all kinds of sounds but I don't know where to get them or where
    to put them.

    I hate to bug you for what is probably child's play but can you loan
    me a clue on where to get and put sounds?

    Thanks
     
    Danny T, Nov 4, 2010
    #3
  4. Paul

    XODDI Guest

    On Nov 4, 12:49 pm, Danny T <> wrote:
    > On Oct 19, 10:41 am, "Phil W" <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Paul:

    >
    > > >    Is there one?   For classical and jazz piano.

    >
    > > >    A good VST plug-in, preferably cheap or free.....

    >
    > > Try "mda Piano" for a start. It s small and quite okay, but it has always
    > > been free.

    >
    > > you have to download the complete mda package, including effects, to get
    > > their VST synths!

    >
    > >http://sourceforge.net/projects/mda-vst/files/

    >
    > > make sure, you download the appropriate version for the operating system,
    > > that your "music computer" uses!

    >
    > > under Windows, just unzip the .dll files to "C:\Program
    > > Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\mda" (or whereever your vst folder may dwell....)

    >
    > > clear enough?

    >
    > > AND BTW: TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE INTERNET IS CONSIDERED
    > > TO SHOUTING AND RANTING !!!!!
    > > hint: google "netiquette"

    >
    > Phil,
    > I use the Halion player for some things like drum parts. I know it can
    > play all kinds of sounds but I don't know where to get them or where
    > to put them.
    >
    > I hate to bug you for what is probably child's play but can you loan
    > me a clue on where to get and put sounds?


    Get Halion sounds from Steinberg?

    And in my Windows machine -
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content
    \HALionOne SoundBanks
     
    XODDI, Nov 6, 2010
    #4
  5. Paul

    Danny T Guest

    On Nov 6, 4:18 pm, XODDI <> wrote:
    > On Nov 4, 12:49 pm, Danny T <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Oct 19, 10:41 am, "Phil W" <> wrote:

    >
    > > > Paul:

    >
    > > > >    Is there one?   For classical and jazz piano.

    >
    > > > >    A good VST plug-in, preferably cheap or free.....

    >
    > > > Try "mda Piano" for a start. It s small and quite okay, but it has always
    > > > been free.

    >
    > > > you have to download the complete mda package, including effects, to get
    > > > their VST synths!

    >
    > > >http://sourceforge.net/projects/mda-vst/files/

    >
    > > > make sure, you download the appropriate version for the operating system,
    > > > that your "music computer" uses!

    >
    > > > under Windows, just unzip the .dll files to "C:\Program
    > > > Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\mda" (or whereever your vst folder may dwell...)

    >
    > > > clear enough?

    >
    > > > AND BTW: TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE INTERNET IS CONSIDERED
    > > > TO SHOUTING AND RANTING !!!!!
    > > > hint: google "netiquette"

    >
    > > Phil,
    > > I use the Halion player for some things like drum parts. I know it can
    > > play all kinds of sounds but I don't know where to get them or where
    > > to put them.

    >
    > > I hate to bug you for what is probably child's play but can you loan
    > > me a clue on where to get and put sounds?

    >
    > Get Halion sounds from Steinberg?
    >
    > And in my Windows machine -
    > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content
    > \HALionOne SoundBanks


    I just went through every product that was listed at the steinberg
    site and couldn't find any halion sounds. Are they called something
    else?

    Thanks - again, sorry this is out of my normal understanding bracket.
     
    Danny T, Nov 7, 2010
    #5
  6. Paul

    XODDI Guest

    On Nov 6, 7:02 pm, Danny T <> wrote:
    > On Nov 6, 4:18 pm, XODDI <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Nov 4, 12:49 pm, Danny T <> wrote:

    >
    > > > On Oct 19, 10:41 am, "Phil W" <> wrote:

    >
    > > > > Paul:

    >
    > > > > >    Is there one?   For classical and jazz piano.

    >
    > > > > >    A good VST plug-in, preferably cheap or free.....

    >
    > > > > Try "mda Piano" for a start. It s small and quite okay, but it has always
    > > > > been free.

    >
    > > > > you have to download the complete mda package, including effects, to get
    > > > > their VST synths!

    >
    > > > >http://sourceforge.net/projects/mda-vst/files/

    >
    > > > > make sure, you download the appropriate version for the operating system,
    > > > > that your "music computer" uses!

    >
    > > > > under Windows, just unzip the .dll files to "C:\Program
    > > > > Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\mda" (or whereever your vst folder may dwell...)

    >
    > > > > clear enough?

    >
    > > > > AND BTW: TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE INTERNET IS CONSIDERED
    > > > > TO SHOUTING AND RANTING !!!!!
    > > > > hint: google "netiquette"

    >
    > > > Phil,
    > > > I use the Halion player for some things like drum parts. I know it can
    > > > play all kinds of sounds but I don't know where to get them or where
    > > > to put them.

    >
    > > > I hate to bug you for what is probably child's play but can you loan
    > > > me a clue on where to get and put sounds?

    >
    > > Get Halion sounds from Steinberg?

    >
    > > And in my Windows machine -
    > > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Steinberg\Content
    > > \HALionOne SoundBanks

    >
    > I just went through every product that was listed at the steinberg
    > site and couldn't find any halion sounds. Are they called something
    > else?
    >
    > Thanks - again, sorry this is out of my normal understanding bracket.- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=910&L=1

    (To my ears, the Halion sound set is incredibly bland. I use it maybe
    once every 10th sketch or so.)
     
    XODDI, Nov 7, 2010
    #6
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. mongol

    Free sets for download

    mongol, Aug 13, 2007, in forum: General Keyboard Discussion
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    828
    mongol
    Aug 13, 2007
  2. Smig

    Is there a keyboard out there with this feature...?

    Smig, Aug 28, 2007, in forum: General Keyboard Discussion
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    950
  3. kudamonosenka aloe yogurto

    Is there any ok mini keyboard controller out there?

    kudamonosenka aloe yogurto, Jul 25, 2003, in forum: alt.steinberg.cubase
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    675
    James Lee
    Aug 1, 2003
  4. na
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    630
  5. kitekrazy

    Any good powered USB2.0 hubs out there?

    kitekrazy, Jul 13, 2005, in forum: cakewalk.audio
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    229
    Phoenix
    Jul 19, 2005
  6. Neil Rutman

    OT: is there a CAT 5 a/b switch out there?

    Neil Rutman, Feb 28, 2007, in forum: cakewalk.audio
    Replies:
    44
    Views:
    1,186
  7. Ricky Hunt
    Replies:
    37
    Views:
    4,201
    Ricky Hunt
    Jan 7, 2009
  8. Dave Mazza

    Any good vibraphone plug-ins out there?

    Dave Mazza, Jan 21, 2009, in forum: cakewalk.audio
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,251
    Ricky Hunt
    Jan 24, 2009
Loading...