Good guitar sounds ?

Reaction score
Hey all i have a yamaha mo6 and when i select the elec guitar sounds i.e overdrive, feed back they sound so bland and nothing like what i hear on the demos, can someone help me please ??? cheers in advance

Reaction score
Depending on how the EFX are routed, you may be able to get a pretty good guitar sound.

Are you looking for lead guitar sounds or rhythm guitar sounds?

Lead sounds are a bit different to program than rhythm sounds.

For a good lead sound, I would take a look at the Insert EFX and see if you have a Tube Amp emulation or distortion emulation in there. I would use those in the Insert EFX and leave the master EFX for Reverb/Delay/Chorus for the final processing of the guitar sound.

Another thing to consider is that you have think like a guitar player to play a guitar sound on a keyboard. If you are doing a lead solo, you need to make sure that you are liberally using the vibrato (mod wheel) a lot, because that is what most guitar players do. Articulating the sound is just as important as the sound itself...

I hope that this helps a bit. I do not have an MO6, so I am not aware of how their EFX system is configured.

Grace,
Harry

Reaction score
This comes up a lot here...

Gary ;)
I know that video has been going around in a number of forums that I subscribe to. It was made a while ago and has some good advice for most users. Since I have been playing 'keyboard guitar' since the early 90's, I have developed some tried and true methods for making something believable come through the synths, even synths from that time period (the 90's). It simply took trial and error and practice.

Grace,
Harry

Ask a Question