Graded piano video courses?

Reaction score
Are there any online video courses out there that actually teaches you piano by grade? I am keen to learn how to play until grade 8 of the piano and will appreciate a piano course that offers step by step instruction from initial to grade 1 to grade 2 until grade 8. And maybe even move into diploma etc. Prefer lifetime subscription or one time fee payment rather than monthly fees. But will accept monthly fees as well, if there are no other alternatives. Thanks for your recommendations!

Reaction score
Your posts are not making sense.

You joined in 2014 and only now 8 years later are you asking about learning to play piano.

I answered your Arranger posts then found this post.

I suggest if you want to learn how to play piano that you do so on a keyboard with a real acoustic piano hammer action in other words a Digital Piano and Not an Arranger.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Jasmine,
I was thinking the same as what Biggles just said.
SX900 models are so far advanced and incredibly sophisticated. A learner player would be bamboozled.
You need to buy a basic simple keyboard to learn basic simple key notes to begin with.

Then we can help you in learning. Forget about styles and voices at this stage. You are nowhere near ready for that.

Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Cut her some slack fellas. For all you know she's been plunking along by ear for the past decade and now wants to study the art more seriously.

Seriously guys, for the past decade or so I think I've been turning into Brian Eno :D :D :D

Seriously though, knowledge is wherever you look for it and should be applauded when being sought.

"Nothing in this universe is obvious"::: Some Dead Guy ;)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Fair comment Gary.

Maybe Jasmine is a prolific arranger player wanting to learn piano. In which case the psr sx900 maybe a progressive step.

Jasmine? Your call.

Reaction score
I learnt for 2 lessons back then after my mother allowed me, then stop due to financial constraints. Recently, won the lottery, will like to pick up the keyboard again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Will you then please make up your mind of the type of keyboard you want.

Until you do can I suggest that you put aside the cost of a lifetime subscription to Playground Sessions which will give you online training.

Put aside another $300 for books, keyboard stand and a stool.

Then if you want to blow the rest on a keyboard look at the Sam Ash or Sweetwater websites at keyboards in the range you want to buy.

If you decide to start and learn to play piano then seriously look at a Yamaha P125 digital piano or a Kawai ES110 the latter-being $700.

Ask a Question