Great news at Roland

Reaction score
Ed Diaz and Roland parted company in odd circumstances.

There has been much support for Ed and a total lack of support for Roland since the split.

The great news is that hatchets have been buried and the association between them is back.

For those who do not know, Ed has been the mainstay in the Roland product support video tutorials on the range of products for many years, he is the worldwide face of Roland.

I have watched dozens of Ed’s excellent videos on the Juno DS and FA models, his teaching is straightforward, concise and confident and when he simply plays the guy can do anything.

Reaction score
Apparently, he was going to be independent, offering support videos for boards of several brands. Will Roland merely be one of his 'clients' or is he actually back full-time at Roland ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't had the need to watch any of his Roland videos, but if he's as good as everyone says, it would be a great thing for other keyboard and synth manufacturers if he were to start covering other brands.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I would not know Ed Diaz in a crowd or standing alone at my front door.
Got me curious however. What is so good about him? Gonna check out his vids now. . . having my early morning wake up coffee.

Reaction score
Yamaha video tutorial for PSR E365

The sum total of Yamaha’s offering for the MODX

Roland’s FA series by Ed Diaz

As you can see a vast improvement over the offering by Yamaha for their competitor to the Roland FA.

It is his presentation manner that has endeared him to many Roland users.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got used to seeing Eddie when he was doing demos and tutorials for the Juno D and G, and then the Juno Di and Gi. I had the Juno Gi, but most of what applied to any of those 4 boards applied, in large part, to the other 3, so I watched them all. His info was invaluable, by what I appreciated most of all was that he always seemed to be having fun. I like Scott Tibbs stuff on the TOTL boards, but he is pretty much a strictly business kind of guy.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Have you searched Youtube lately?

There's currently about 6 tutorials there. And more show up every day.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I hope he uploads a video about using the Juno ds sequencer

The Roland Youtube Channel is labelled as being by Product Support.

If you click on Product Support you get the Channel homepage and in Playlists you will find 19 tutorial videos for the Juno DS

I watched all about two or three times each before I went into a Music Store to check out a DS ( did the same with Korg Kross 2 tutorials ) so that I had an understanding of the Menu systems before I started playing the keyboards.

Reaction score
Yes ive seen a lot of ds videos but I'd like one by Ed himself explaining the sequencer. In the meantime I'll read the manual :)

Ask a Question