Great Site!

Reaction score
Hello all, I just want to point out that I love the camaraderie here. I haven't encountered rude people thus far and that is a big plus. When it comes to keyboards and especially synthesis it is a huge world of knowledge to grasp and there is always something to be learned and questions need to be asked {especially like me, a total beginner :cool:). I love that I can ask questions at will and receive professional, quality advice with some opinions thrown in. I have started out with a Yamaha e463 and feel that I will go for a Korg Kross 2 next. I was hesitating but then I came across the Korg Kross 2 threads here and learned a ton of info to help me in my decision making. Great, informative posts! Between YouTube and the keyboard forums site, I feel that I am on my way to a fun hobby. Cheers, all!

Reaction score
Nicely said, no egos here, more self deprecating with a little tongue in cheek comments.

On to keyboards, I had a Kross 2 for a couple of years, a very good but very heavily menu driven board with some 17ish pages available for each tone in a Combi. Two downsides of a K2, the 61 note keybed lacks feel (its a Korg trait) and note cut off when changing Programs or Combi’s but with good timing and its no issue. It is quick to learn the basics of its OS though, layering sounds to create complex Combi’s is also very easy. The Pads are multi functional depending upon mode and I particularly liked Favourites mode where each of the Pads were assigned a single Program or Combi for single button press fir a change of tone.

Do seek out the Korg Video Manual tutorial series on their Youtube channel to get the basics learned before committing to an in store test.

The only real competitors are the Roland Juno DS and Yamaha MX both of which are worth checking out.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
When it comes to keyboards and especially synthesis it is a huge world of knowledge to grasp

and there is always something to be learned and questions need to be asked

Poetry in the making. :)

Nicely phrased dman.
And thanks for acknowledging that we are nice people . .

The e463 is a worthwhile instrument. You will enjoy its vast features.
I have a newly formed friend now who has one and we are nutting things out together with each others Yamaha's.
Do you have advice or want to know some things . . please post here.

Cheers Ray

Ask a Question