Greetings from Melbourne!

Mal

Reaction score
Hi! Greetings! My name Malcolm from Melbourne looking to learn and share keyboard tips .
I Have been using various keyboards ove the years and now play a Yamaha Tyros 5. Hope to get a lot of tips from all of you.
Cheers!
Malcolm

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, Malcolm! What are some of the other brands and models that you've played over the years?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
It's a welcome from me too . .
Malcom from Melbourne :)

Guessing it's Melbourne Australia not Florida?

I could be your neighbour . . I am live in the Knox area. Where Vic. do you reside bro'?
There are few Melbournians here.

What is your story? Do you play in a band?

Cheers Ray

Mal

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your warm welcome.
The keyboards I have played and owned over the years Yamaha Psr 70 , Pss 51 DSR 2000 psr 650 psr 1100 psr S910 and now Tyros 5 other keyboards owned korg i3 , GEM WK 8, Roland GW8 and AX-09.
Played with Bands, Trio's, Duo and Solo. Currently playing solo and occasionally with a female vocalist
Cheers!
Mal

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Looks like you've got quite the history with Yamaha! :) But not exclusively so.

Have you been tempted to go up from the Tyros5 to the Genos? And I do mean up, as the Genos is a pricey bit of kit. But the Tyros5 has a lot going for it.

Mal

Reaction score
Iam happy with the Tyros 5. The Genos I feel the keys are a little narrower than the Tyros 5. But I am happy with the tyros 5

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I didn't realize that about the Genos' keys. I know that Yamaha arrangers in general seem to have slightly narrower keys than other brands-- just a tiny bit narrower, but enough that it's obvious if you compare the width of an octave on a typical Yamaha arranger to the width of an octave on other brands.

Mal

Reaction score
I didn't realize that about the Genos' keys. I know that Yamaha arrangers in general seem to have slightly narrower keys than other brands-- just a tiny bit narrower, but enough that it's obvious if you compare the width of an octave on a typical Yamaha arranger to the width of an octave on other brands.
The Genos is a good Keyboard.but a lot of updates and glitches that have to be solved heard many people not happy. as this is yamaha' s first touch screen keyboard I will wait for the next model to come out after they iron all the creases:)

Ask a Question