Greetings/PSR E433

Reaction score
Hi all, it's my first message here but let me first appreciate all that have made this platform a success.
Ive fought hard and gone through a tough or other kind of an endless journey if you would, to even find myself here! it's about my psr e433. Not less than two years now have i been tirelessly searching and following every lead or Intel or source i come across for STYLES i can use for PRAISE songs(i mean those african songs that people can seriously dance) . i have been using style no. 4 (60sgtpop) with a tempo of upto 250! This never works for me and my desire is to have a 'lingala' Congolese kind of a drum pattern(s) plus more options for raggae. i have tried to record them on my board myself but maintaining the tempo, rolling drums like in 'fill in', and even converting them to .sty is always a challenge. i have tried to load some i get from the Internet (drums only-{.mid}) but the keyboard says 'no file'. i have tried to convert some MIDI files on MIDI2STYLE but still no success. i believe there's a way, the right way my destiny....guys are getting sorted here, aren't they? Please!

Jambo,
Nairobi Kenya.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The PSR-E433 uses one of the SFF1 sub-formats, and there's also a size limitation imposed by its internal RAM configuration. So part of the problem may be that you're creating your style files in an incompatible format, and/or that the resulting style file is too large to load. But if the keyboard is saying "no file" then there might be other issues, such as the USB stick drives you're using may have compatibility issues, or they have too many files on them (I think there's a limit to how many files the keyboard can see in the directories, so if the drive has too many files then the styles might not be found before the keyboard "maxes out" its inventory of the files on it), or some other issue.

I have a PSR-E433, so if you want to email one of your styles to me I'll see if it loads on my keyboard, and look at it to see if I spot any obvious technical issues with it.

Reaction score
The PSR-E433 uses one of the SFF1 sub-formats, and there's also a size limitation imposed by its internal RAM configuration. So part of the problem may be that you're creating your style files in an incompatible format, and/or that the resulting style file is too large to load. But if the keyboard is saying "no file" then there might be other issues, such as the USB stick drives you're using may have compatibility issues, or they have too many files on them (I think there's a limit to how many files the keyboard can see in the directories, so if the drive has too many files then the styles might not be found before the keyboard "maxes out" its inventory of the files on it), or some other issue.

I have a PSR-E433, so if you want to email one of your styles to me I'll see if it loads on my keyboard, and look at it to see if I spot any obvious technical issues with it.

Thanks much in advance Sir SeaGtGruff for your time. Well i agree with you that there might be issues of size limitation and also that the style files I'm creating are incompatible but my USB stick could be working well. The reason I'm saying that, i have only one USB stick that i use with my PSR-E433 and theres only one folder in it- USR files(automatically created by the keyboard). i have a few songs and midi files or drum patterns if you would in this folder and thats where i save my newly created style files also whenever i want to test them with the keyboard. I also believe that the keyboard saves its stuff in this same folder. Now, the keyboard actually reads and plays all the (.midi) files and songs in the USB stick BUT cant see those that i have created as (.sty) files, it says "no file" and I think thats where size and compatibility issues come in.

Please, how about i email you two of my midi files to check for me if i can ever get a style file from them? I'm much more interested in the continuous drum pattern and may be a "fill in" and not the accompaniment part( just like a style file playing in a keyboard without the accompaniment)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What directory are you putting the Style files in on the USB stick? I know that when you save a USR file, the keyboard puts them in a "USER FILES" folder, but I'm pretty sure STY files can just go in the root directory of the USB stick.

Anyway, I sent you my email address, so if you email a couple of your STY files to me then I'll check them out and see if I can load them on my PSR-E433.

Ask a Question