Greetings!

Reaction score
I'm a new member, but have been signed up for a long time. Kinda forgot about the forum..... Anywho...

I'm mostly a live player, but have a home studio too. I firmly believe in vintage gear, for a multitude of reasons. I also play sax, which was my first love, but there is a much larger calling for a keys player where I'm located.

My gigging gear (depending on my mood, and roadies!)

1962 Hammond M3
Custom Leslie made from a 702 cab and Motion Sound parts
1977 Mark I Rhodes 73 Suitcase
1970 Wurlitzer 200
Roland VK8 (with custom stand to emulate the look of a B3)
Yamaha MO6
Casio CDP-120
Roland KC300
Fender Blues Jr.

Various MIDI controllers and VST's

Other gear,
1957 Hammond M3
1952 Hammond M2
Selmer Mark VII Tenor
Various other Sax's

So, what do you all gig with? I typically take either my M3/Leslie or the Roland VK8/Leslie, and my Wurly or MO6.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice introduction Robert.

Like Ray I'm strictly an avid hobbyist.

There are a few gigging artists who are regulars here though. CowboyNQ, Delaware Dave and Hansi come to mind off the top of my head.

When we were kids we all dreamed about becoming rock stars once upon a time, but most of us were forced to outgrow our dreams and settle on the business of earning a living.

I greatly admire the cojones of those who made that dream come true in later life though, and the ability to play on a stage in front of hundreds of drunk and rowdy critics every night. :D

More power to you and feel free to participate more in the conversation when you are able.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
It is very much a love hate relationship!
I'm no pro (i thought I was once) just an avid gig'ist. Ive played for audiences of 2 people all the way to crowds of 50k people. I also still have a day job working for the state of OR. The problem with coming up playing on this vintage gear is that it is hard to move onto the modern stuff. Even playing shows on my Roland VK8 kinda sucks in comparison to playing an actual Hammond. So, I take the vintage stuff when its possible, and the modern stuff when I have to.

Reaction score
Welcome, you have some impressive vintage equipment there. I'm strictly a hobbyist with a workstation and do it for fun. Fishing is my number one passion though. I've been a drummer in six bands but got that out of my system, also play guitar. My last musician part in a band a few years ago was with some friends of mine that go way back, I was playing drums. I figured it was my last shot and why not. The keyboard player was going through a bad divorce, my other friend on lead guitar had MS which got worse and the band fell apart. I had no desire to find another band to play with, I missed it for a long time. But it gave me more time to fish, and now to get back to keyboards when the inclination kicks in. I consider myself an all around musician and not just a keyboard player. It's good to have a nice mix of variety here.

Reaction score
I love to fish, we have some of the best trout fishing here in Southern Oregon, and my folks have a boat and live on the Oregon coast.

I dabble on the guitar and bass as well. its nice to score a fill in rhythm guitar gig every now and then!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not knocking anyone who hunts or fishes for food, but I used to fish a lot when I was a kid as well.

Then one day I had the epiphany that just because they don't scream doesn't mean they don't feel pain. :eek:

Since that day I got rid of all my fishing tackle and never touched it again.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I love to fish, we have some of the best trout fishing here in Southern Oregon, and my folks have a boat and live on the Oregon coast.

I dabble on the guitar and bass as well. its nice to score a fill in rhythm guitar gig every now and then!
I envy your location and the proximity to good trout fishing, I'm in Pa but there are two lakes total in NJ that have lake trout but they're good, I'll be out there for sure this year.

Ask a Question