Grip strength is associated with cognitive function

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Yes intetesting article.
A lot of it went over my head but some of it made sense.
I am not sure if I agree with all of it.
As for a strong handgrip associated with high performace piano playing well that is rubbish in my opinion.
Many excellent renowned pianists don't have strong grips I'm guessing. Especially females. Some of the best are female or males with feminine attributes . .:eek:
Lets shake on that. Ray

Reaction score
As for a strong handgrip associated with high performace piano playing well that is rubbish in my opinion.

You may well be right. When I was having piano lessons growing up my step-dad set much store by how strong someone's hands were, I remember him saying that I had to practice lots and that when I was good enough I'd be able to rip a phone book in two ;)

I guess when it comes to playing the piano / keyboard it's more about dexterity than strength. I lack both, lol!

The article is interesting though, despite all that. Mind you, there are many examples of correlations without any direct causation. This site has some weird and wonderful examples: http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

I think my favourite is the spelling bee / venomous spider deaths one :D

Ask a Question