gypsy jerry

Reaction score
I have a yamaha motif 6 keyboard....I cannot get the category search button to activate the voices [bass organ etc.]...I did activate the pattern & mixing button first...It was working yesterday!! I'm new at it..thanks ...jerry

Reaction score
Hi Jerry. Are you hitting the "voice" button before your category search? I have a Motif XS8 so our panels should be similar. Even if I am recording in pattern mode, I have to hit the "voice" button before choosing a new sound from the category search.

Reaction score
that does work, however, I was watching a demo video on Motif 6 custom setup [layering-splitting & saving for future use...he had pressed Pattern & Mixing buttons then went to Cat. search for various voices to be saved on separate tracks for future use ...[with this setup you cannot use Voice-Perform & Master buttons with it] go to Motif 6 custom setup demo [18 min.] maybe you can see something I cant...thanks...jerry...It did work yesterday!!

Ask a Question