" Hörden "

Reaction score
First of all, hello.
I read your post, and I have to answer it.
I never intended to promote my composition, all original.
I've never won a penny with my music, although I have regular requests to buy my albums.
My intention (but apparently it is hardly commendable) is only to make listen to my music, without asking anything else.
I have already said in a post, here, that I only comment on the original music, when I like them... What I do regularly on Soundcloud and N1M.
Moreover, I note that on this forum, only a handful of members comment on the music (they count on the fingers of one hand... how many members are there on this forum?)
Therefore, and if my contribution displeases so much, you can erase my posts, or why not get me out of the forum.
I wish you a good day

Reaction score
My opinion: give the guy a break. 'Promotion' suggests something for sale. He just wants an audience, I think this is true of most musicians. You know, If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it,. . . etc.

After all, this subforum is entitled: "My Music A place to show off your recordings and get feedback."
If not here, where?

Intrigued, I gave a listen to see what the complaint was about before I jumped to the defense, lol. Very nice. A hint of Frippertronics?

Finally, let's face it - it's not like there's so much activity on this forum that it distracted you from something more meaningful.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
To be fair, there was a point a couple of years back when he was posting a tune a day, mostly just arpeggiator improvs. At that point it was annoying for people who posted once in a blue moon to have their tunes scroll off into the void after a week or less.

Once someone pointed this out publicly he slowed down considerably.

Anyway, I think Becky's main beef is that he doesn't participate in any of the other forum conversations at all,

Again to be fair, English is not his first language, but I agree with Becky that he could be a little more social and a little less drive by with his tunes.

He could for instance stimulate discussion by posting his workflow methodology and contributing to the tech forums on Kurzweil issues.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Moreover, I note that on this forum, only a handful of members comment on the music (they count on the fingers of one hand... how many members are there on this forum?)
Speaking for myself Romain, I put that down to listener fatigue. I have no issue with you posting your music, but you never give anything back to the forum, so not sure what you expect in return.

To be fair, there was a point...
This entire post by Gary nails it.

Hodor, a bit of research would reveal that a few of us did provide commentary and positive feedback on Romain's early postings, and Gary even went to the trouble of doing it in French. But fair's fair, and there's more to participation in this forum than "here's a song I wrote by pressing the arpeggiator button" repeated 150 times over.

This has all been discussed before in some depth - you're missing the context so it appears harsh, but Becky is quite right to call Romain's behaviour out. His response of "if you don't like it, get rid of me" is childish and misses the point.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello.
It is quite incredible, this relentlessness, on a forum that should be a place of leisure, and conviviality.
Have I asked anyone in recent times to comment on my posts? Not...
For my way of working, I compose my music sequence by sequence, to the metronome, without ever using the "loop ", for example.
I use the arpeggiator since this beginning of the year 2018, in some compositions. Read here that I use and have used this in many compositions, is heresy; It would be nice, I think, to better listen to my work, or perhaps to ask me how I work, before you say anything? Not?
If some of you are truly disgusted by my post and my music, free to you to go your way and not to listen... But I can see that the listening is there, no offense.
Finally, at 61 years ago, it is difficult for me to bear that I am dictated how I should behave on a forum. On Keyboard Forums, you have to justify yourself???
Ok... Well, I'm a part of this, right?
No hard feelings, and good day to you.
PS: You will want to excuse the errors of language due to the "translator "....

Reaction score
Romain,

I'm only responding to what was written above. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and now you've heard mine (and not for the first time).

I've nothing against you or your music, but it would be wonderful if you chose to give a little back to this forum now and then, instead of turning it into a personal vanity project, and then questioning fellow members when they don't fall all over you with excitement at your latest output. But that's not how you choose to roll - fair enough.

I've not gone near one of your tunes or threads for some months, I'm really happy for you to do and be your own thing mate, doesn't impact me one way or the other. I WILL however, challenge your passive/aggressive responses, particularly when they are aimed at our esteemed Admins and Moderators, who do a great job of keeping this place welcoming for all.

The reason for my time-wasting and longer than usual contribution to this discourse is that our newer forum member Hodor was getting the sense that we were jumping on you like a bunch of pack animals, and I wanted him to understand that this is a long way from the reality of the situation.

Be well!

Reaction score
I notice that my last post is absolutely not taken into account, or not understood... I'm sorry about that.
In fact, I closed the discussion there, and I urged the administrators to exclude me from this forum, and therefore to erase all my recent and past entries.
Good continuation to you :cool:

Reaction score
Shame that there seems to be contribution only one way.

Reminds me of a Photography group on Facebook where members were encouraged to like and comment in a positive way on an image posted by another member. One member created and posted really great images of their own but not once did she like or comment on anybodys posted image.

You get out what you put in with any forum or group.

Good luck finding an audience.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Romain,
You would earn much more respect from everyone here if you just contributed to the other conversations. Not just your own.
Sometimes if you would offer some advice would be nice. You obviously have some knowledge of music and keyboarding and we just ask that you share it with us.
As for your music, it is nice that you share it with us and we can enjoy it or loathe it but be prepared to take the praise as well as the criticism.
You know over the past months I personally have given you both praise and sometimes the negative.
However, lately I listen to just a snippet of your tunes and to be honest most are dull and repetitive. Sorry!
Anyway the problem here is that you need to diverse. Try to brighten up and uptempo and excite us with some cheerful bright upbeat foot tapping music :)

We asked you to stop flooding us with your posts. You did that and now we get a trickle is good.
We also asked that you contibute with discussion and share your knowledge. You ignored this and never have yet contributed . . Not one post! No opinions, no advice, no suggestions! Not good!

Be part of the community is all we ask. Becky is just suggesting you get involved.

If I was you I would take this opportunity to mix and mingle. I would be humble and accept the offer to contibute would not go on the defensive.

Think about it!

Ray

Reaction score
"Hodor, a bit of research would reveal that a few of us did provide commentary and positive feedback on Romain's early postings. . ."
So I see. In my defense, my interest in this thread was only in passing, it never occurred to me to research anything.

Reaction score
"Hodor, a bit of research would reveal that a few of us did provide commentary and positive feedback on Romain's early postings. . ."
So I see. In my defense, my interest in this thread was only in passing, it never occurred to me to research anything.
All good mate. As I said above I really wanted to give you some context so you didn't get the wrong impression about this forum. It's actually very easy going and thoughtfully moderated.

Reaction score
Goodness, I wasn't expecting this! I'm sorry if I caused any offence, that was not my intention.

I definitely do not have a problem with members sharing their music - in fact it is strongly encouraged. That is why we have the 'My Music' section after all. I do keep an eye on it though, because we get people signing up just to post links to their music for SEO purposes (which are removed).

To echo what others have said, forums exist as a community, and in any community there has to be give and take. Obviously the scales aren't always in balance - some people come here to gain knowledge without being able to give it back, and that's fine because we were all beginners at one point. These members are often very grateful for the excellent help they find here, which makes it all worthwhile.

@romain57 is clearly talented and could help answer queries, and as @happyrat1 pointed out they did indeed do this. So when I said "it's starting to feel like you're just here to promote your music" my point was that it's a shame that this has changed, and now their only contribution is to take but not give. Hence the sad face :(

@romain57 I'm sorry if this means you want to leave the forum.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
To be honest, if he wants to be a prima donna and walk away it's not really anyone's loss but his own.

I may sound harsh in this but like many others who came for an answer, got it and never came back again the truth is that if he wants to throw a tantrum and demand to be deleted it would serve him right to get what he asked for,

Life's way too short for these sorts of arguments, and if Becky's simple request that he contribute a bit more to the forum ignites a hissy fit from Romain then he's no great prize worth fighting over.

I say at this point, drop the pleas and let him go.

His mind seems set, so give him what he asked for,

As for myself? I'll try my best to ignore this thread in the future. Stick a fork in it. It's done.

Gary ;)

Reaction score

When a member posts a link to their own work I take a look.

If after a few looks at different links that the member has posted and the works are all of a similar nature then I give up.

There is only so much Chillout style music that I can take.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardtrifan

Latest Threads