Hammer 88 Pro Preset Editor Link

Reaction score
M-Audio Hammer 88 Pro Preset Editor nowhere to be found on their website. Anyone know
where to find the download link for this editor? Hammer 88 is a very different editor as the Hammer Pro is a much more involved controller.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't see it, either. Have you registered your Hammer88 Pro yet? I'm wondering if they provide you a link to the preset editor after you register the controller as they do with the bundled software. Or if the Hammer88 Pro came with a CD-ROM disk, product cards, etc., you might check those. The manual for the preset editor doesn't say where the preset editor is obtained from.

Edit: It's possible the preset editor is supposed to be available from their website but that there's some sort of problem with the search feature in the Support section-- i.e., some bit of coding that hasn't been updated-- so I'd recommend contacting M-Audio Support to report that the preset editor can't be found.

Reaction score
Thanks! Waiting on reply from Tech Support. My board is registered. Nothing nowhere. Link form the "Download card" send you in circles to nowhere. LOL This is bad. It came while I was down with Covid and I have two gigs this weekend that I am behind in prepping... plus playing catch in EVERYTHING ELSE... Holy perfect storm, Batman!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I hope you get a link to the editor. How has the Hammer88 Pro been working out for you? It looks like it should be a great controller. :)

Reaction score
Hi there,

The manual for the editor is available but I couldn't find the editor while I owned my Hammer 88 Pro either. Good luck with Tech Support - I've never gotten a response from them.

I know they're reworking their website gradually (which explains the prevalence of dead links etc), so hopefully both issues will be resolved.

3dc

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply.

Once you register your 88 Pro in your M-Audio account go to "My products" section and download 88 Pro Series Software Manager. Once installed click on its cogwheel in upper left corner and enable "Show advanced software option". Now go back to software section for Preset Editor.

Reaction score
Hello, is it possible to download the preset software (pro version) without registerring the hardware, i.e. from somebody who already got it? If not, there is no way to test the keyboard and its full functionality before buying it. That's ridiculous. What is more I tried the non pro version in a guitar center recently and i couldn't send any preset from the editor to the keyboard - it showed an error with connection when trying to do this. As if the Hammer 88 wasn't connected to my notebook, even if it worked fine with DAW. After first plugging to the usb the Hammer 88's drivers were installed automaticly. Any one had the same problem either with Hammer 88 or Hammer 88 Pro?

Reaction score
In the M-Audio Software Manager, (1) Click the gear icon in the upper left, (2) Check "Show Advanced Software", (3) Close the gear window, (4) The "Preset Editor" referred to in the documentation is now listed as, "Hammer 88 Pro Editor". You can now download and install it.

Reaction score
M-Audio Hammer 88 Pro Preset Editor nowhere to be found on their website. Anyone know
where to find the download link for this editor? Hammer 88 is a very different editor as the Hammer Pro is a much more involved controller.
You will find it in the M-Audio Software download manger. Launch it, select the settings icon upper left, select show advanced apps. Keep selecting next until you see all of the inst, apps, software. It's under "M"

Reaction score
In the M-Audio Software Manager, (1) Click the gear icon in the upper left, (2) Check "Show Advanced Software", (3) Close the gear window, (4) The "Preset Editor" referred to in the documentation is now listed as, "Hammer 88 Pro Editor". You can now download and install it.
Just curious... If you had two Hammer 88 Pros does the editor software allow one to save the entire keyboard configuration in some sort of file that could then be loaded to the other keyboard to keep them in sync?

Reaction score
I don't see it, either. Have you registered your Hammer88 Pro yet? I'm wondering if they provide you a link to the preset editor after you register the controller as they do with the bundled software. Or if the Hammer88 Pro came with a CD-ROM disk, product cards, etc., you might check those. The manual for the preset editor doesn't say where the preset editor is obtained from.

Edit: It's possible the preset editor is supposed to be available from their website but that there's some sort of problem with the search feature in the Support section-- i.e., some bit of coding that hasn't been updated-- so I'd recommend contacting M-Audio Support to report that the preset editor can't be found.

My hammer pro is registered. the Preset Editor is nowhere. I even ask M-audio for help and they send me a link for the 1.07 version for Hammer 88 not the 1.0 ver for Hammer PRO 88. and they told me the 1.07 work with the hammer PRO 88. but I can't make it worK. ???

Ask a Question