Hammod SKX vs Crumar MOJO-CL tonewheel organ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been playing for the last 10 years piano and keyboards mainly on Rock POP style and after my modest experience I am going mad for Organ.

I discovered a Vox Continental a re-issue of that original and that is a 73 keys. However I am not happy with CX3 sound engine but mainly is missing the set of drawbars and the double manual.

I was looking for Hammond SKX but is bloody expensive 2695 Euros

I was researching and found a clone Crumar MOJO. All reviews, actually seems to be favoring this one over the Hammond to be closer to the real Hammond B3. it seems that mainly is better for things such double manual double set of drawbars and the sound engine itself etc..

What you guys suggest here? Honestly I am a bit confuse.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reaction score
1700 Euro, great reviews, 30 day money back guarantee, then what is there not to like?

Not tried one (they are pretty rare here in England and certainly there are none near me) but what else is there in that or a lesser price range? The Vox, Roland VR, Yamaha YC or Studiologic Numa Compact x2 are all less cash and probably reflect it in the tonal quality and features.

Reaction score
I have the Gemini module which includes the Mojo organ as part of its package. I use VB3 because I consider it to be superior to the Hammond. But that is just me; others might tell you differently. Also, as an option to purchasing the Mojo XT which is a double manual organ, you could purchase the Mojo 61 now and when you accumulate enough money purchase the lower manual separately. This would also give the flexibility of using a single manual or a double manual depending on the situation. The down side doing this is that the Mojo 61 doesnt have a 2nd set of drawbars but Crumar makes a separate inexpensive set of drawbars that can be easily attached thus providing you that 2nd set.

Another option is to purchase the Crumar DMC-122 with the optional built-in Gemini module. Not only do you get the Mojo organ but you also get a couple of dozen physically modeled instruments including a Fender Rhodes EP, Wurlitzer EP, Hohner D6 Clav, acoustic piano, strings, brass trumpets, violins, horns, Vox Continental, Yamaha CP80 electric grand, pipe organs, Farfisa, virtual Analog synth and many more instruments. All of these options and it's still less expensive than the Hammond SKX. The DMC also comes with two sets of drawbars.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's what the Gemini module sounds like. There are 3 form factors: a desktop version, a rackmount version, and a version that connects into the back of the DMC122. This version looks like a plate and is hidden inside the keyboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Earl80

Latest Threads