Hammond B3 Sound

Reaction score
I love the Hammond B3 sound and I was wondering if something like the Roland SC-55 ST sound canvas would be able to produce such a sound. If not, any recommendations for an affordable synth or keyboard?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you're looking for affordable, free VSTis can't be beaten.

See this thread for a couple of links to organ VSTis.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/changing-the-voice-of-a-roland-fp30.27415/

Roland Sound Canvas has some great sounds but I dunno how tweakable they are and what FX can be added. I'm certain it has at least a couple of Hammond Voices but depending on what you want to play and whether or not you need full leslie and drawbar emulation it would probably be disappointing for you.

Do a forum search on "Hammond" and "B3" and you'll probably come up with dozens of soft synth and and few module and keyboard solutions that would work just fine.

Also, there's a good chance Delaware Dave will stop in and mention a few of his favorites as well.

For some people, a good Hammond Sound is like Sex. Can't be duplicated for cheap :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I went to 'Gearfest' at Sweatwater and came across a Yamaha YC. A very small 3 octave keyboard with nothing but organ sounds. Vox, Farfisa and Hammond B3. It has drawbars, percussion and a Leslie. Incredible sound and only $399. You can play it alone or very easily midi it to another keyboard. I can't wait to walk into an open mike or jam session with this little thing under my arm.

Ask a Question