hammond sound for beginner???

Reaction score
hello all, i am a sax/guitar/singer in a band who has recently learned the keys...any suggestions for a beginner/middle level keyboard that has a good hammond sound? i have a yamaha protable grand keyboard and it just doesn't cut it...the output is really weak....thanks

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Actually, use the USB MIDI out on your portable grand to control ORGANized. It's a free organ VST that actually does a good job...

It's no hammond or clavia, but it'll give you at least a good overdrive sound. The only downside is having to take around a laptop or your DAW...

besides that, it can be a little difficult to sculpt out a fat gospel style organ on it, but you can get one.

Now before people start bashing me on free VSti's, i know may are crap.....but this is an exception.....it's fairly low CPU, doesn't crash after 30 seconds, but it will ask you for a donation....but you don't have to unless the nag screen really anoys you.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
What model Hammond and leslie?
Assuming it's a tone wheel model, try a starting setting of 8, 8, 8 on the upper
manual drawbars and adjust from that point. If it's a B3 then try all of the presets
with slow leslie. Over driveing a tube leslie also part of the old rock sound so
the type of leslie you use, and how the amp is set-up does affect the sound.

Not all Hammonds & leslies are created equally, so your milage may vary as to getting
a good old rock sound out of the set-up you're using.
B3

Ask a Question