Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me.

Reaction score
Well yet another orbit around that bright shiny thing has been completed by yours truly.

So far its been opening cards and carefully wrapped boxes, a 10 year old bottle of Jura single malt will slide on down well, chocltates to fatten me up and a battery powered drill to replace the one some thieving scumbag nicked whilst my garage door was open.

Its 10:50 UK time and therefore its feet up for a few minutes with a nice cup of Tea.

It has been a busy morning so far, a visit to our Doctor who is now referring me to a Consultant as my wrist is still not right, plus a trip to the Hospital for my Mrs.

Growing old does have its drawbacks.

Next its dusting off the Gibson for a 1/2 hour play, lunch and then we are out for the rest of the day.

Off for a walk around Southport with a visit to Dad’s Guitar Shop (Mrs does not know about this yet) which is a great music store, evening meal at a restaurant in town and its off to see our favourite Folk Band perform in the Atkinson Theatre in Southport.

Our main celebration is on Saturday when Daughter and Grandson are coming to visit, its his birthday on Sunday so we both get spoiled together on Saturday, we have bought him an electronics/electric kit which has 500 projects which Grandad will probably enjoy more than Grandson but thats what Grandkids are for, to relive our childhood :) :)

Reaction score
a 10 year old bottle of Jura single malt will slide on down well, chocltates to
Suspect the single malt may have already worked its magic given your modern interpretive spelling.

Hope you have an awesome birthday Col and thanks for enriching this wonderful community.

Cheers,

Paul

Reaction score
Happy birthday @Biggles! Sorry to hear about the various medical trips, hope your wrist and your Mrs are both ok. Enjoy a nice glass of whisky this evening! :D

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Biggles!

a visit to our Doctor who

That sounds exciting!

Oh, wait-- that was a lowercase "w."

Nevermind! ;)

All kidding aside, though, I hope you had a wonderful day.

Best wishes for the next trip around the Sun!

Reaction score
Cheers folks.

We went early to look around the small museum there only to find it closed despite the building being open, shops were closing at 16:00, guitar shop guy seemed to be in a bad mood so that visit was cut short, the restaurant we were planning to have our meal at was closed for a private function, then whilst we were sat in the lobby of the venue the drummer of the band came hobbling past using a walking stick.

We had a met all the guys in the band previously and we had a chat with him about his injury, he had damaged his Achillies tendon a few months ago and yet was still drumming, he did say that when he was part of another band gigging at a Hyde Park festival he was in a plaster cast. Such is a musicians dedication.

So an interesting day.

;)

Reaction score
Not a miserable day at all Ray, its not in my makeup, I just go with the flow whatever that may be.

The Band were superb and they even played my favourite song whichhas it happens is about a guy who went walkabout in Oz.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Never heard that walkabout song. I like it. Love the fiddle and bongos combo.

That music reminds me of "Tempest"
I think I got that right. Have you seen Tempest? Need to look up Tempest again. Witches Sandwitch? Something like that.

Ask a Question